HTC Incredible bricked?

MusicLuvaMEG

Reaction score
Actually better idea. Get into recovery and wipe data and cache and reboot first. See where that will get you. You will lose all text messages and contacts unless you have the contacts sync'd with google.
to doug piston.....

hi! i was wondering if you can help me. i have an incredible and i'm on my 3rd one now because they keep crashing or something. i'm not sure what happens cuz it's never exactly the same but they all seem to have had a tons of bugs. what eventually happens where i always need a new one is that it either shuts off itself or i tried to restart it and then it won't come back on. it gets stuck in a boot loop or something. it will start and go to the droid eye and then restart again over and over and over until i take out the battery. so i was wondering a few things. is there anyway to get my phone back to the way it was so that i don't lose everything?? i saw here that you told this guy that he would only lose text messages which is fine with me if that's all i'm gonna lose. but i didn't know if that was only cuz he was rooted or not. i'm not rooted. so is there any way of doing some kind of recovery mode so that everything comes back??? or at least almost everything?

also if i do get it back (or even if i don't & have to start over again :/ ) is there anyway of setting up some kind of recovery system so that if this happens again i won't lose anything like my settings, my texts, my text dictionary, apps on phone, etc.??? hopefully i didn't confuse you that much. i seem to be having issues stating what i really need/mean.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If your unrooted there is no way to back anything up other then your paid apps which are stored with Google. Sorry man.

MusicLuvaMEG

Reaction score
well that really sucks and that is really stupid! with all the problems these phones and other phones have with people losing everything constantly you would think there would be some way to back up your system cuz this is just ridiculous to have to go through this every couple months. what is the use of having these "great" phones if this, or a ton of other problems, r going to happen constantly??? i don't get it.

but anyway, thanks for the reply doug. so i'm guessin there is no way for me to get my phone past the constant boot loop without losing everything?? you don't know of any tricks do you???? :(