HTC Holding A Press Event Soon... New Phone? Vigor?

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
htcevent.jpg

The last HTC event included mostly Windows Phone 7 devices, we are hoping this one has a little green robot as the main topic. HTC sent out an event invite to a few blogs letting them know they are having a major press event in NYC on September 20th. There is no information about what the even will be able, but we are assuming the LTE phone that the FCC just played with will be at this event (I mean the Vigor by the way).

Via: BGR

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Well, it's 12 days after the 8th, so lots of Bionic owners will still be in their 14 day return period.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
IMO i don't think itl be the Vigor. Looking at this invite and the leaked roadmap for VZ id say this event is more likely for the HTC Bliss. It looks like they are marketing it for chicks and this invite hits that mark. The Vigor looks like the Dinc HD, or at least that family so IMO i don't believe a pink cloth will be the invite picture. Oct 5th is when we should expect the Vigor.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Hopefully it is the Vigor. I'm tired of my Droid, I want something new already :eek:

barski

Reaction score
Well, it's 12 days after the 8th, so lots of Bionic owners will still be in their 14 day return period.

+1

I'll wait till the vigor is released and play with them both in store.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
It's gotta be for the Bliss. Look at the ad, the purple screams Bliss.
Just because it has purple in it means nothing. Yeah, it could be hinting at the Bliss, but that doesn't make it definite. Hell, for all we know, they could be announcing more than 1 device at this...

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just because it has purple in it means nothing. Yeah, it could be hinting at the Bliss, but that doesn't make it definite. Hell, for all we know, they could be announcing more than 1 device at this...
That is very true, but if you look at specs, the Vigor is far superior. I dout they would advertise for the weaker phone and suddenly just add the Vigor out there. If they were to announce several phones, i would think they would advertise the money maker (The incredible HD definitely is way bigger news then the Bliss)..... IMO i would expect to see a way different invite picture if the Vigor was being launched. I fully expect it early october, so i guess it is a possibility but i don't see this event launching the Vigor. 0.o I just think when it does launch they will advertise the crap out of the phone... which hopefully does not contain any pink/purple curtains.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
That is very true, but if you look at specs, the Vigor is far superior. I dout they would advertise for the weaker phone and suddenly just add the Vigor out there. If they were to announce several phones, i would think they would advertise the money maker (The incredible HD definitely is way bigger news then the Bliss)..... IMO i would expect to see a way different invite picture if the Vigor was being launched. I fully expect it early october, so i guess it is a possibility but i don't see this event launching the Vigor. 0.o I just think when it does launch they will advertise the crap out of the phone... which hopefully does not contain any pink/purple curtains.
Who knows, it could've just been some weirdo in the graphics department that decided on this...Wth is the Incredible HD?

magdream

Reaction score
You'd have to think that this was for the Vigor announcement. Considering it's in the 3rd week of September, if it isn't for the Vigor, than this phone's not being released in early October.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Lmao..I call fake. Look at how many spelling errors there are. And I doubt anyone knows the official name for the prime. And why would it be on a regular sheet of white paper.

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!
Agreed. And didn't it already go through the FCC named the Vigor, why would they suddenly decide to change the name...to a dumb name anyways.

And yeah of course the Prime will replace the Charge. May not take the Charge off the market right away, but it's going to replace it sooner or later.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Who knows, it could've just been some weirdo in the graphics department that decided on this...Wth is the Incredible HD?
Haha, i can see that. Some guy that just wants to be fancy. And the incredible HD was just one of the initial code names for the Vigor.