HTC Droid Merge Announcement coming November 18th?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Bing has to be the worst search engine I or anyone has ever used. Why are they putting on our Droid!

seanjohnja91

Reaction score
Bing has taken the soul of yet another prospected phone of mine....DARN YOU MICROSOFT!! DARN YOU TO HECK!

pandabear

Reaction score
bing? big deal

Are you all seriously that worried about bing? It takes all of 5 minutes to download google search and gmail from the market and replace them on your homescreen. Once you root it, getting rid of bing permanently should be a piece of cake!

GrillMouster

Reaction score
I thought that even if you install Google Search from the Market the "hard" search button on the device would still point to Bing.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only thing good about Microsoft is Xbox. Bing is another epic failure by them and they are trying to push it on all of us!!!:icon_eek: lol

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Why does it seem as though the professional world thinks Bing is the most amazing engine in the world, but every single consumer and home-user absolutely HATES it.

Even steve jobs said microsoft did a great job with bing in a press conference and said it would be used in the iphone.

I don't understand it! It's crap! All of the results are so irrelevant to me and it's just the biggest pain. Google has always been the best search engine I have EVER experienced, since the first grade when I first heard about it and giggled at its funny name.

its.mike

Reaction score
Bing has to be the worst search engine I or anyone has ever used. Why are they putting on our Droid!
Everyone eh? I know you don't speak for me. You have never used Altavista. Finding what you where looking for on there was like looking for a black rock in a pitch black forest.

Plus I prefer the Bing Image search to that of Google. Also don't automatically assume we're all Android fanboi's and hate everything about every other phone OS or "competing" company.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why does it seem as though the professional world thinks Bing is the most amazing engine in the world, but every single consumer and home-user absolutely HATES it.

Even steve jobs said microsoft did a great job with bing in a press conference and said it would be used in the iphone.

I don't understand it! It's crap! All of the results are so irrelevant to me and it's just the biggest pain. Google has always been the best search engine I have EVER experienced, since the first grade when I first heard about it and giggled at its funny name.
of course Jobs said Bing was good, his only other choice is Google!

Bing isn't garbage... just it's not on Google's level.

Vanilla Ice

Reaction score
i think well see this phone on Thursday. Some Verizon reps have done training on it. i just upgraded to the dx last Sunday because my d1 died on me :( But i still have 27 days to decide if i want to keep it or not. btw the dx is an amazing phone. it beats the d1 in every way (IMO)... I'll for sure check out the HTC Merge. but If this device doesn't have new sense or a 4" i'll pass.

gottherim4

Reaction score
What does everyone think the odds are that this Dinc refresh will make big changes? I would love a 4"+ droid by htc on verizon right now.

DJStormX

Reaction score
Blah if this does come out the 18th im returning my DX or should I keep it? Which has better specs? Whats anybodys thought on which one I should keep or get??

pandabear

Reaction score
Blah if this does come out the 18th im returning my DX or should I keep it? Which has better specs? Whats anybodys thought on which one I should keep or get??

The merge should have a fairly large screen, from what I've heard 4'. Basically it comes down to whether or not you'd like a keyboard. There's also the possibility of world capabilities. Either way, I'd just wait till it officially drops before considering to return the DX