HTC Droid DNA Confirmed And Release Date [PICS]

geoff5093

Reaction score
I am 99% sure this will be the phone for me. Why are people saying the battery will be horrible? It has a 2500mAh battery!! The only phones that have a higher capacity battery are the RAZR MAXX and Note 2. The DNA has a 400mAh larger battery than the only slightly smaller GS3.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am 99% sure this will be the phone for me. Why are people saying the battery will be horrible? It has a 2500mAh battery!! The only phones that have a higher capacity battery are the RAZR MAXX and Note 2. The DNA has a 400mAh larger battery than the only slightly smaller GS3.
We'll still have to see how it goes. At least with the GS3 and Note II you can pop in a larger battery. Still the DNA is looking to be the top dog for me as of now. Plus I don't have to worry about using Apps to wipe the flash count just because I want to use a custom Rom, at least as of now.

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
Why are people saying the battery will be horrible? It has a 2500mAh battery!! The only phones that have a higher capacity battery are the RAZR MAXX and Note 2. The DNA has a 400mAh larger battery than the only slightly smaller GS3.

Umm no it doesn't... from VZW's own specs page for this phone:

Battery

• 2020mAh Standard Li–Ion; non–removable

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Umm no it doesn't... from VZW's own specs page for this phone:

Battery

• 2020mAh Standard Li–Ion; non–removable

thank you.. I appreciate when people post FACTS instead of opinions and rumors... and the fact is that in the battery department htc dropped the ball as they often do

I barely would've considered this phone even with a 2500 battery but with a way below average of 2020mah and Non Removable, I wouldn't even look at this thing... I'm sure it does a lot of things well but I need a phone that will last me more than 4 hours

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Sorry if you felt shorted, I usually post the topic and a brief summary and let you guys hash it out :) Unless we get more info.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry if you felt shorted, I usually post the topic and a brief summary and let you guys hash it out :) Unless we get more info.

I wasn't referring to you or this topic... just in general on this site people run with opinions and rumors as if they are facts far too often... I always take unofficial things with a grain of salt but some people go crazy with it lol

but now that Verizon released actual specs we all know what we're getting.. which is a good thing because it ends the confusion and arguments over what's what

soulpatch

Reaction score
no 2500+ MAH battary, no SD Card Slot, no removeable battery option to slap in larger battery = no thank you to this phone. Such little things that are soo cheap to fix and should have been thought about to start have doomed this phone.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmm I don't see any flash on camera..

8MP Auto Focus Rear–Facing camera with Single–LED Flash + HTC Image Chip
f/2.0 aperture lens, backside sensor illumination for low light performance, and the exclusive HTC Image Chip which allows continuous shooting for up to 20 images

Rear–Facing camcorder – HD capture up to 1080p
Front–Facing camcorder – HD capture up to 10800p

10800p... wth is that?