HTC android market

chimera101

Reaction score
Noob question. My wife just got the Droid friday night and since they had the BOGO deal I picked up the Eris. So far I love the phone. But there's one thing I noticed. When I to the Android Market and look at individual apps, it doesn't show any screenshots of the app. I didn't think anything of it until I saw my wifes Droid market does show app screenshots. I looked for some setting to change so I could see the screenshots but didn't see anything.

Am I missing something?

mhotovec

Reaction score
Nope, you're not missing anything. Or at least if you are, I'm missing it too. There aren't any screen shots in the market. However you could go to androlib.com. There you can probably find screen shots and reviews of the apps there. Then download from the market when you find one you're interested in. Not as handy as having screen shots in the market, but doable.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
welcome to the forums, chimera ;)

haven't used the HTC device enough to answer that, but it sounds like mhotovec know what you are talking about..

rcklss1

Reaction score
market

no your not missing anything and theres nothing you can change i returned my droid for the eris and that was one of the first things i noticed its just the difference in the the firmware (1.5 vs 2.0) between the two devices... HTC has announced a first quarter update to bring us up to 2.1 ( supposedly- may only be 2.0) but with these updates hopefully that will change .....

OP
C

chimera101

Reaction score
no your not missing anything and theres nothing you can change i returned my droid for the eris and that was one of the first things i noticed its just the difference in the the firmware (1.5 vs 2.0) between the two devices... HTC has announced a first quarter update to bring us up to 2.1 ( supposedly- may only be 2.0) but with these updates hopefully that will change .....

Thanks for the info. I'll just have to be patient and wait for the update.

Just out of curiosity, why did you return your droid for an eris?

rcklss1

Reaction score
personally i dont use a hard keyboard, havent in a very long time so it was added bulk for no reason.... i like the look of the ERIS more... also i just happen to prefer HTC over Motorola.... the DROID was a great phone just personal preference brought me back to the Eris

ErisHappy

Reaction score
Market screenshots

Actually you can see the market screenshots from your handset.Click on " visit the developer's web page"....But I do agree on AndroLib being the better way to browse through the apps on the computer.I definitely have that bookmarked on my computer and I kind of prefer it over the handset version.

refthemc

Reaction score
Ya we have the old Cupcake market (1.5), everyone else is using the new market for Donut (1.6) Eclair (2.0) and so on...