HOWTO Install Any Droid 2 ROM on your R2-D2 Droid 2 and keep all the R2-D2 theme bits

Reaction score
Got it figured out, your zip puts bootanimation.zip in /system/media and the Liberty people put theirs in /data/local.....

Exactly, and the one in /data/local overrides the one in /system/media. Glad you figured it out.

bderiso

Reaction score
Download link down?

Hi there,

Is the original download link for the R2D2-bootanimationmod.zip package down? Are there any mirrors up? Thanks : )

imajedi

Reaction score
has anyone found a way to get c3p0 as the animation for the unknown contacts picture?

im also still having trouble finding the r2d2 clock?

docfong

Reaction score
R2D2 clock APK is out there.. As far as the C3PO thing I don't think anyone has tried to figure that out yet

imajedi

Reaction score
ive followed the instructions, but part of me wants to go back to the stock r2d2... which kind of sucks. so... if i made a backup with bootstrapper before i changed the firmware... if i restored that back up... what would happen?

Reaction score
ive followed the instructions, but part of me wants to go back to the stock r2d2... which kind of sucks. so... if i made a backup with bootstrapper before i changed the firmware... if i restored that back up... what would happen?

You should be fine. And if all else fails, SBF.

imajedi

Reaction score

You should be fine. And if all else fails, SBF.

even if i changed the firmware? from 2.4.5 to 2.3.2 ?

smccloud

Reaction score
At least you didn't try the path I did, Gingerbread to Liberty 2.0.1 to stock backup. If I could get back into my bootstrap CWM I could reflash GB & SBF back, but I'm not sure I'll be able to so I hope I can SBF from the default recovery.

Zottig

Reaction score
Hi there,

Is the original download link for the R2D2-bootanimationmod.zip package down? Are there any mirrors up? Thanks : )

I too have been unable to download the file. Does anyone have it?

Ben

Zottig

Reaction score
Thank you sir! I've applied it but it doesn't seem to have taken. Clockworkmod says it applied the file correctly. I will dig further, I know I am doing something wrong.

Thanks again!!

Ben

juv3

Reaction score
Man thats a lot of **** to do and just to install some buggy as gingerbread?? LoL im on a rooted stock with some help from titanim backup to remove system apps and freeze what im not using, juice defender and setCPU to set the maximun overclock to 3000 when phone is iddle i get 16 hours with moderate use

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Reaction score
hellmonkey, thanks for uploading that for the others. I switched over to a different web-hosting company awhile ago, and never got around to re-uploading these files or updating the links.

Zottig, did you mount /system before flashing the file? I based it off a Team Black Hat update.zip file that required it. There are ways to write an update-script that doesn't require you to manually mount /system... and I had planned to release a customizable system (probably web-based) that would generate a custom update.zip file for you based on which parts you want... but life got in the way and I never got around to doing it, and honestly at this point I've lost interest in everything except the R2-D2 sounds... and stuff like the live wallpapers don't seem to work well on non-stock ROMs anyway.