How's the battery life?

scubasteve101

Reaction score
I'm coming from a rooted, ROMed and OCd D1. How is the battery life on the DX2? Bigger screen and dual core I imagine would suck it down pretty quick, how is everyones performing so far?

RileyD

Reaction score
I went from 6am to 3pm with about 4 hours of internet usage and came home with 60% battery.

yutzybrian

Reaction score
Runs fine for me. I work some days from 7am til 10 at night and its still alive once I get home. I usually play with it a lot when I'm on lunch and breaks too

OP
S

scubasteve101

Reaction score
Good to know. I thought all the big screen phones got terrible battery life (my friend has a HTC Evo which is incredibly bad). My upgrade is in 2 weeks and I think the dx2 is going to be it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

yutzybrian

Reaction score
Evo is a 4G correct? 4G phones have all been terrible on battery life so far (unless you turn the 4G off)

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Along with 4G, the cpu in the EVO is a lil dated compared to the cpu in the Droid X1, let alone the DX2.

The newer the chip, some may have a change that helps somewhat with battery life, the nm number. When that number gets smaller, the better it is for battery life.

The chip in the EVO 4G is 65nm, the one in the DX1 is 45nm. I think the Tegra 2's are 40nm if I'm not mistaken. That plus dual core chips should by design help with battery life and dual core phones, big screen phones wont necessarily be battery hogs.

A good example of the nm numbers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_hardware#List_of_revisions

The lower the nm number, the less power it used. Those of use that went on 360 Jasper scavenger hunts in stores in 2008-2009 looking for Jasper mobo's knew about this all too well...lol

Last edited:

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Isn't it about the same as the X1?
Its using the same battery.

My X can go about 1 1/2 days without needing to charge, so if the X2 has ROMS yet, I am sure itll be as good or maybe better.
Unless the better screen drains battery.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its rated as the same talk time as the DX1, so yea, unless the screen drains it more than a regular LCD it should be on par with the DX1.

yutzybrian

Reaction score
The lower the nm number, the less power it used. Those of use that went on 360 Jasper scavenger hunts in stores in 2008-2009 looking for Jasper mobo's knew about this all too well...lol

hehehe nah I just went to ebay and searched Jasper :D