17 Hours on X2 battery.

azdrifter

Reaction score
So I have my X2 rooted and currently running Eclipse 1.3 and ICS theme before I flashed the rom my stock rooted X2 was only averaging 6-8 hours of battery light use. Today I had the day off and decided to go ahead and test my battery and see what kind of life this rom could give me.
My typical morning so I wake up at 6 a.m. and disconnect my phone from charger ran errands and text and talked about 30mns or so then I get back home and started my music player which I'm using Mixzing so I decided to make a few playlist and start tagging and adding album artwork.
By 3:30 i had more errands to run so I put my phone in my pocket and headed out the door hooked the phone to the car player and started listening to my newly created playlist by 4:15 i return home and continue listening to playlist while I prepare and cook dinner (single with two boys so have to do it all myself ) by 6:30 leave to help my brother move some furniture and had music player on while working returned home and left player off, played a few hands of Word Fued and Words with friends then made a few text and waited for phone to die 10:45 phone indicator turns red and ask to be plugged in.

I know this is a bit winded but wanted to show how much usage I put on the battery today this is the best battery life I have received from this phone so far,..I do have Set CPU and have profiles enabled that turn the CPU very low when screen is off so that might be part of the battery life performance?

So what kind of battery life is everyone getting on their X2s rooted or UN-rooted flashed or stock ?

tamlin42

Reaction score
On 2.3.3, which I had on the phone for only a week or two i think before 2.3.4 came out, I got about 1-2 days of light usage.
On 2.3.4, which I have run for considerably longer, I could go a solid 2 days with moderate/medium usage, and 3 days with light usage.
On 2.3.5, which I never ran for very long because of battery life, I would get a full day as long as I moderated my usage.
I'm running eclipse 2.0.2 right now and battery life seems to be 1-2 days moderate usage. It is based on 2.3.5 so there must be a blur element in 2.3.5 playing havoc with the battery life.

Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones, I dunno. It sounds like I ought to run stock 2.3.4 until the device rusts away, but eclipse is darn pretty.
Someone better than me can post/link battery calibration, that might eke out a few more hours for you.

Trip3601211

Reaction score
I've had 1 day to 1 day 8 hrs depending on usage. I have an extended battery and back though. Not a big one, the BH6X 1990mAh. Only a step up from the original battery BH5X which is I think a 1500/1540 mAh. I'll bet if you call TS and complain enough you can get an extended battery and back sent to you. They sent me this one free of charge when they swapped out my X for this X2. Am very impressed with the life of this battery and its so small that it gives your phone NO BULK whatsoever. Even though its not much bigger then the OG battery I get at least double the life with it. Charges up fairly quick too. Although...I have suspected lately that this battery may be the reason to some of my issues I've been finding too. Might be because I didn't calibrate it right when I first got it. Also may be my 32GB class 4 SD card...don't know. Either way...with the issues or not...this phine has been great. I even put down a Droid Charge to stick with this phone.

Sent from my DROID X2

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I get about 12-14 hours per charge. Eclipse 2.0.2, standard battery, power user (on it all day nearly)

Sent from my Android device.

OP
azdrifter

azdrifter

Reaction score
On 2.3.3, which I had on the phone for only a week or two i think before 2.3.4 came out, I got about 1-2 days of light usage.
On 2.3.4, which I have run for considerably longer, I could go a solid 2 days with moderate/medium usage, and 3 days with light usage.
On 2.3.5, which I never ran for very long because of battery life, I would get a full day as long as I moderated my usage.
I'm running eclipse 2.0.2 right now and battery life seems to be 1-2 days moderate usage. It is based on 2.3.5 so there must be a blur element in 2.3.5 playing havoc with the battery life.

Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones, I dunno. It sounds like I ought to run stock 2.3.4 until the device rusts away, but eclipse is darn pretty.
Someone better than me can post/link battery calibration, that might eke out a few more hours for you.
That is amazing and I think that maybe I should see about replacing my battery?
This is why I made this post I personally don't know anyone who has the X2 my friends either have the razor,Dinc2,original DX,or the Nexus so no one to compare to.

So thanks for the feedback from you guys :biggrin:

OP
azdrifter

azdrifter

Reaction score
I get about 12-14 hours per charge. Eclipse 2.0.2, standard battery, power user (on it all day nearly)

Sent from my Android device.
That's dang good battery from a power user !

OP
azdrifter

azdrifter

Reaction score
I've had 1 day to 1 day 8 hrs depending on usage. I have an extended battery and back though. Not a big one, the BH6X 1990mAh. Only a step up from the original battery BH5X which is I think a 1500/1540 mAh. I'll bet if you call TS and complain enough you can get an extended battery and back sent to you. They sent me this one free of charge when they swapped out my X for this X2. Am very impressed with the life of this battery and its so small that it gives your phone NO BULK whatsoever. Even though its not much bigger then the OG battery I get at least double the life with it. Charges up fairly quick too. Although...I have suspected lately that this battery may be the reason to some of my issues I've been finding too. Might be because I didn't calibrate it right when I first got it. Also may be my 32GB class 4 SD card...don't know. Either way...with the issues or not...this phine has been great. I even put down a Droid Charge to stick with this phone.

Sent from my DROID X2
I usually reset my battery stats when I flash a new rom that helps,.but I have had the issue of having to reboot my phone after about 30mns. because it looks like the battery is wasting really fast but after that it works fine.

Trip3601211

Reaction score
Had another 1 day 8 hrs on the battery stats. I wonder why when I check the stats off bat on start up it says 45% this 45% that and 10% this 2% that. Shouldn't all be at zero when you restart after complete charge and battery pull? Any help in reseting that back to nothing would be appreciated.

Sent from my DROID X2

infantry667

Reaction score
Phone idle battery usage is obviously significantly decreased with the use of the screen off profile on set cpu and eclipse is known to increase battery life, I currently on medium usage ( a couple hours browsing forums and facebook and such, about 50 texts and maybe a half hour of talk time and about two hours of watching gunsmoke on netflix before I go to sleep) can get almost 12 hours of use if my brightness is turned all the way down, which it usually is because the screen is more than bright enough to see and use when its that low, and I use setcpu as well with it turned to the lowest possible setting when the screen is off.

SBF'd (sent blazingly fast) from my Hulkified X2