how to use navigation properly - need help

segen77

Reaction score
I've seen on the commercials that you can use the turn by turn navigation and it will bounce from street view to the map view and put arrows on with the street names coming up in big letters, and all the other wiz bang features that a normal gps would have. I can't figure out how to get to this point. I know how to get the navigation where it tells me where to go, but it doesn't seem to use street view or anything like on the verizon commercial.

[video=youtube;nLMXssyxKQ4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLMXssyxKQ4[/video]

I see how it works on the commercial, but I just can't seem to get it to work like that. Does anyone else have issues using this feature?

Thanks

andrewdoane

Reaction score
AFAIK, the street view only pops up in Navigation when it deems that you have reached your destination, basically to show you which side of the street the destination is on and all that. You can also pull up street view in maps, but I don't think you can have it set to "rolling" street view while navigating.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've seen on the commercials that you can use the turn by turn navigation and it will bounce from street view to the map view and put arrows on with the street names coming up in big letters, and all the other wiz bang features that a normal gps would have.
What normal GPS has street view?

Double-tap the map for street view while navigating. I haven't used it on the move but I think you only get street view for turns and for the destination.

Last edited:

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've seen on the commercials that you can use the turn by turn navigation and it will bounce from street view to the map view and put arrows on with the street names coming up in big letters, and all the other wiz bang features that a normal gps would have.
What normal GPS has street view?

Double-tap the map for street view while navigating. I haven't used it on the move but I think you only get street view for turns and for the destination.

Yeah from what i understood of it, that the turn by turn would only activate automatically once you either got to your destination or were about 1 block from it, so you could tell which house, building, or whatever it is you are looking for.