droid + Google maps...how turn on streetview??

buckojackson

Reaction score
Guys,

I cant seem to find any place to turn on streetview. Either on its own or during navigation. Can anyone tell me how they are turning streetview on? And, Ive double checked that street view was indeed available in the places I've tried it. I also never see it in "layers". Thanks! Running BB 7.5

magnus

Reaction score
This is pretty confusing.......

But here's how its done. In order to get street view.....you need to first tap on a spot on the map. once a bubble comes up.....hit the bubble. Street view will be one of the options

OP
B

buckojackson

Reaction score
Thanks, Magnus! I was under the impression that one could also have streetview update depending on where you were, and it would sort of follow you? And, is it possible to have it reflect what direction im pointing the phone?

gatorbait

Reaction score
In Navigation:

• While in navigation, simply double tap on the screen to pull up a street view of whatever your next turn is. You can then click the rotate icon in the bottom-right corner to free roam in street view. I've found this to be helpful because you can locate recognizable buildings to easily pinpoint your turn from blocks away.
  • At the end of your route, a street view photo of your destination will appear on the screen. Again, you can click on the rotate button in the bottom-right corner to free roam.
In Maps:

• You can use the search button to locate a specific destination, which should appear on your map with a text bubble over it. Click on the text bubble and it will bring you to a screen with options that include "directions", "navigate", and "street view".
  • As an alternative to the above option, you can simply long press on any street in the maps app. A bubble will appear with the approximate street numbers and any nearby location of interest. Again, simply click on the text bubble to access street view.
  • And now for the option that is sure to wow you friends: after you have selected street view, click the menu soft button. One of the options will be for a compass view. Once you select this option, the street view will automatically rotate in relation to the compass bearing as you move your phone around! It's like a virtual reality version of standing at that particular street or intersection!