How to turn thunderbolt on without power button?

Rebelxing123

Reaction score
Hi guys. My thunderbolt turned off and now the power button is not working. Does anyone know how i can turn the power on my thunderbolt while sidestepping the use of the power button?

blazednova

Reaction score
Hi guys. My thunderbolt turned off and now the power button is not working. Does anyone know how i can turn the power on my thunderbolt while sidestepping the use of the power button?

are you sure the battery didn't die? other wise i would recommend pulling the battery out for about 5 minutes then put it back in and try to power it on with the power button. you may have to hold the button down for awhile until the screen back light turns on.

OP
R

Rebelxing123

Reaction score
Im pretty sure the battery did not die because when i put my charger in it shows an orange light that stays on. I will try what you suggested but other recommendations on what to do would be welcome

kparks

Reaction score
Im pretty sure the battery did not die because when i put my charger in it shows an orange light that stays on. I will try what you suggested but other recommendations on what to do would be welcome

If it was just the battery that would be pretty funny but a battery pull should work if the light is Orange then it is charging green is fully charged. If the battery charge and pull don't work and make sure u hold the power button down for a while then VZW will give u a replacement

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

blazednova

Reaction score

are you rooted or stock?
this has happened to me a couple of times, on one occasion i had to just let it charge for like 20min then held the power button until it finally booted up. you might have had a battery drain while it was in your pocket or where ever. i guess the next recommendation is to do the hardest thing on earth and be patient while it charges. or if your rooted try to use adb to reboot.

OP
R

Rebelxing123

Reaction score
Yeah my phone is rooted. I honestly think its an issue with.the actual button because it has always been hard to push for me.

blazednova

Reaction score
Yeah my phone is rooted. I honestly think its an issue with.the actual button because it has always been hard to push for me.

i've heard people having the issue of the power button being difficult, if you manage to get adb to reboot into recovery and turn on mass storage setting, you can flash a bamf rom which have the feature of using the volume keys to unlock the phone. and their are probably widgets to work around powering it off. but the issue would still remain on powering it on again, its a more of a temporary fix. so if you don't have insurance i, personally, would start un-rooting and getting it back to stock.
all hope is not lost though, a lot of people have run into this defect so you probably wont have to go through a ton of trouble getting it swapped.

OP
R

Rebelxing123

Reaction score
I was running liquid thunderbread which allowed me to wake the screen using the volume keys (which i did). I need to unroot my phone though if i want to swap it, hence why i want to turn it on. Unfortunately my power button broke at the airport and im on vacation now so adw isnt much of an option.

blazednova

Reaction score
I was running liquid thunderbread which allowed me to wake the screen using the volume keys (which i did). I need to unroot my phone though if i want to swap it, hence why i want to turn it on. Unfortunately my power button broke at the airport and im on vacation now so adw isnt much of an option.

I'm not positive but if you got htc hub/sync running on a computer before this happened there might be an option that allows you to turn the phone on through the computer if sign into your account . The only other thing that I can think of is to take the battery cover off and press the power button at different angles and pressure.

OP
R

Rebelxing123

Reaction score
Do you guys know if having my phone rooted should be an issue for having my phone swapped? Via Fedex?
My father actually works for Verizon, and he says that my phone is insured, but he is not sure about their policy on rooting.

blazednova

Reaction score
the best way to go about replacing your phone is to unroot before sending it in. it is much safer and more reliable to work out that way.