How to tell how much RAM left on droid3?

thinkmega

Reaction score
I know it comes with 512MB in RAM. When I look into setting, I see the amount available internally. Is there a place I can find out how much RAM have been consumed?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

spasch

Reaction score
Settings - applications. - running services. Look to the bottom of the screen.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
T

thinkmega

Reaction score
On the left hand side, I have 209 MB used, on the right hand side it tells 182 MB free. I thought I have 512MB. But the sum of 209 and 182 is ...less than 400MB. Where is the rest of the RAM?

Thanks.

Settings - applications. - running services. Look to the bottom of the screen.

Shimmy549

Reaction score
If you have the Android SDK installed, I think there's a system info chart that's accessible through the DDMS.bat that shows RAM percentage. I'm not 100% sure, but I think so.

I know there's a chart and I know it showed more info than my phone was showing, but I don't remember what the chart was for. It was awhile ago.

Rocky

Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me if there's a way to use less RAM, if this can make the phone run faster?

I have a 16 gig SD card in the phone I could move stuff to if necessary. I'm just not sure how to do that. I don't even know if there's anything in it.

D1ck3y

Reaction score
Any word on this one? My phone also lags a bit when playing music and some while play my boy gba emulator. Was wondering their was a way to stop stock apes that don't need to be running. STOCK. Not rooted.

Sent from my DROID3 using Droid Forums