How to switch language in slide-out keyboard mode.

johenkel

Reaction score
Recently I realized that my D4 supports more languages and I activated also German. Spelling works great.
When using touch-screen keyboard one slides the space button left or right to change the language. But how do I change the language using the physical keyboard?

So far I have to slide the keyboard back in, slide the space bar over on the virtual one and the get it back out. Annoying.

Any help?

Johenkel

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

droidbound

Reaction score
Can't help you with your question, but try Swiftkey, load the German language module and you won't need to switch languages anymore. You can type English mixed with German, get auto-complete in both languages, and the best is, Swiftkey learns your syntax and gets better the longer you use it. The only drawback: the Caps lock button on the physical keyboard doesn't work with Swiftkey which I actually like because I kept hitting it instead of Shift :)

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

OP
johenkel

johenkel

Reaction score
Thanks,
I am trying it out right now.
Wish the right predicted word would be used by using the space bar (like the original keyboard).
I definitely like the auto-language selection!

Always caps you can do while holding the shift key while typing.
Also, I was trying some double-clicks and long-presses with the shift and caps-lock and it actually worked. Then I deleted the letters and tried again and couldn't. Not sure what I had done. Oh well.

Thanks again!
Great solution!

Johenkel

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

droidbound

Reaction score
Thanks,
I am trying it out right now.
Wish the right predicted word would be used by using the space bar (like the original keyboard).

I believe that's an option in the settings. Maybe only for the software keyboard? Don't remember - hated it when it did that to me.