How to sell a phone

twildman

Reaction score
Never sold one on ebay or the like. My question is, what all information do I need to give on the add and such for the phone? Thanks!

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
If I were selling one I would put condition of the phone for sure, maybe some specs for the people that aren't familiar with the phone. Be sure to include for which carrier it's for also. Pictures to prove the phone is in the condition you claim. And please for the love of who ever it is you worship, don't expect to sell it at retail price even if the phone is in mint condition. Personally for me I don't care how little you used the phone the fact is it's now used and not worth the price of retail.

OP
T

twildman

Reaction score
Thanks, I wasn't clear enough in the first post. What I meant was, do I put any of the serial numbers or EIN number on the add? I don't want to compromise the phone if it doesn't sell.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I wasn't clear enough in the first post. What I meant was, do I put any of the serial numbers or EIN number on the add? I don't want to compromise the phone if it doesn't sell.

i would not

rbess1965

Reaction score
Something that worked great for me when I sold my Droid Charge. Create a Youtube account if you don't have one. Do a factory reset on the device so it operates smooth as when it was born. Do a short but informational video showing how nice it is and upload the video to YouTube marked Unpublished. Test the link then include the link to the video where ever you chose to sell it. Nothing sells better than being able to see what your buying, in action. Had 10 offers within 30min of publishing my Craigs list ad:)

Sent using the amazing DROID RAZR MAXX

wcjeep

Reaction score
Something that worked great for me when I sold my Droid Charge. Create a Youtube account if you don't have one. Do a factory reset on the device so it operates smooth as when it was born. Do a short but informational video showing how nice it is and upload the video to YouTube marked Unpublished. Test the link then include the link to the video where ever you chose to sell it. Nothing sells better than being able to see what your buying, in action. Had 10 offers within 30min of publishing my Craigs list ad:)

Sent using the amazing DROID RAZR MAXX

I did something similar. I included a video of my phone working and surfing. Then took video of the factory reset. Per Verizon, keep your Sim card. New owner will need to provide Sim. Nexus reset took about 8min. Sold mine on Craigslist. Met buyer at Starbucks.

Bishang

Reaction score

Don't publish that online. What I did was never the person I was selling it to at a Verizon store so they could verify it wasn't on the bad ESN list.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I would check out Swappa listings. They have a standard for what sellers need to put in their listings that I think is good to have.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can vouch for Swappa like the above post. Way better and faster than eBay.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also, just to add to some info here, when you list on Swappa you provide the IMEI number to Swappa only and they verify the phone is clear for you and buyer but buyer never sees the number until they actually buy the phone. This helps instill confidence in both buyers and sellers on Swappa.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

OP
T

twildman

Reaction score
Cool, thanks alot, just need to unload this maxx now! Off to swappa!