How to root my version of Android

marioval

Reaction score
I don't want to brick my phone so I am making the assumption that each version of android on the Rezound has a different rooting process. Can someone please provide a link to a step by step, noob friendly instructions on how to root my Rezound? Here is what is says in About Phone: Android Version 4.0.3 - HTC Sense 3.6 - Software Number 4.03.605.2 710RD - PRI Version 1.16_002, 30.1_002 - PRL Version 15256 - ERI Version 5.... I'm pretty sure I downloaded this version from AndroidPolice but it's been a while so I dont really remember.... Thanks

acejavelin

Reaction score
You root this like every other Rezound stock ICS-based version, and it will default the phone... unlock via HTCdev, fastboot boot recovery.img of latest TWRP, flash latest SuperSU or a ROM that is pre-rooted.

OP
M

marioval

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, how about a bit noob friendlier though :)

scott craft

Reaction score
Look in the general rezound section and check out my rooting problems thread. Acejavelin posted a link to a rooting guide that is pretty good.

acejavelin

Reaction score
There are tons of rooting guides for the Rezound on almost every major Android forum (DroidForums, Android Central, RootzWiki, XDA, etc)... all them should work, although I really like the one MrSmith did here or Scotty did on Android Central using the temporary method. They are step by step and almost idiot proof as long as you follow the directions and read through everything.

Remember you have try really hard to permanently brick a Rezound that is S-ON, the default state for the phone, and there is no reason for an average user with current (or fairly current) firmware to S-OFF their device in 98% of the cases. S-OFF is a method of removing all security checks from the device, it allows flashing of anything, including the wrong thing, and if used improperly can permanently brick your device.

All you need to keep in mind is that these guides are generally older, so some of the files they reference are outdated. Amon Ra and SuperUser are no longer recommended for any ICS or higher Rezound ROM, just substitute TWRP 2.6.3.0 for Amon Ra and SuperSU v1.65 for Superuser in all cases... the procedure is the same irregardless.