[HOW TO] Restore your Motorola Droid 4 (XT894) to stock [Windows Only]

TheVegetable

Reaction score
Thank you all for doing all this.
I realize how many people are involved since i screwed up my restoring by backuping the wrong file and then the restore is lame :)
Sadly, it looks like the last link is not going nice. I have extra ftp storage available that i would be happy to share for one half gig file that made my day

Pm me if you want storage for this, and also, how could i get this file so my phone might get back up?

Thanks in advance

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
Which is the 'last link'?

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

1mattwade

Reaction score

NEVER FLASH AN SBF FOR AN OLDER ANDROID VERSION THAN THE ONE CURRENTLY ON YOUR DEVICE!

is this concerning sys. updates? i.e. returning to stock from an otherwise up-to-date phone is not recommended & I should use 98.72.182 or 98.72.188 instead of:

Android 4.1.2 System Version 98.72.18
cdma_maserati_9.8.2O-72_VZW-18_1ff.xml.zip (633.2MB)
MD5: 0EC9F9EF248F2FA796A14B20A3592306

or is that referring to something else entirely? Are there any precautions re: memory cards in place while doing this &/or is there a way to do this via (micro)SD card, even say, a separate memory card?

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)

is this concerning sys. updates? i.e. returning to stock from an otherwise up-to-date phone is not recommended & I should use 98.72.182 or 98.72.188 instead of:
you should use the same system version or newer
or is that referring to something else entirely? Are there any precautions re: memory cards in place while doing this
will not effect internal or external memory cards,
&/or is there a way to do this via (micro)SD card, even say, a separate memory card?
you need a pc to flash .xml firmware

1mattwade

Reaction score
11. Use the volume down button to navigate to "AP Fastboot" then use the volume up button to select it.

Does this step initiate some sort of communication w/ RSDLite for this next step?

12. Open RSDLite, press the "..." button at the top, and select the fastboot image .zip file.

I ask b/c when I click on the "..." button it pulls up my Documents folder w/o any evident "fastboot image .zip file." Where am I supposed to find that? That's not a Motorola USB Driver from Step 3, right? Is it something RSDLite is supposed to be viewing from the Droid itself? Thanks for the help friends. I'm looking at you Ninjas & Masters.

leobg

Reaction score
Anybody has a mirror? Seems like sbf.droid-developers.org is no longer working..

Edit: after some googling around using the file name seen above, I managed to find a working version (proper MD5)

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
you can not downgrade android version
so if phone is on jellybean (Android 4.1.2) you can only use jellybean firmware (.XML)
if phone was on ICS (Android 4.0.4) you can use a jellybean file or ICS file
normally best option is newest firmware which is Blur_Version.98.72.188.XT894.Verizon.en.US

NOTEAPPLICABLE

Reaction score
I know the Droid 4 is old but if there are any current links to the files needed to to restore a bricked Droid 4, I could really use them again. I used these forum years back to unbrick my other Droid 4 so I know it is possible.

I my pull out an old laptop & be able to find the old files but I doubt I will.

If anyone is still monitoring this & can help me, I'd really appreciate it.