how to record phone calls???

tvigil

Reaction score
i have been looking for an app to record phone calls (baby mama drama) is there any good ones.. i heard about google voice but dont have a invite i have a gmail account and i already applied for one... is there any other good apps

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Just an FYI that it's illegal unless you inform the other party.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

dpixel8

Reaction score

Just an FYI, its a per-state law. For instance, in WI, only one party needs to know (which can be yourself, the caller)

Telephone recording laws - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One-party notification is just below it.

I would check with the locals then....rather than change it on a wiki....

Trust me. Theres more info out there than on wikipedia. Those are legit, believe it or not.

Reaction score
Back on topic, I also want to know how to record calls for my podcast. I would really like each voice on a different track.

DogPaw

Reaction score
I am looking for the same thing. I found a couple in the market but the comments one 1 is it does not work with the Droid and the second one you had to be using speaker phone. I am just looking for a simple widget that will record both sides of the call and store to the sd card...

zadam123

Reaction score
+1 looking for the same thing. comes in handy when i dont have a pen to write down info

Rex2010

Reaction score
try WM Sound Recorder

well, now I use WM Sound Recorder to record my HTC Touch Pro phone conversation. It could record outgoing and incoming calls automatically.
i dont know it is ok for your phone or not. but this one is ok.

Good luck.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
if you have and use GV, when a caller calls you on it, you just press the 4 button on the dialpad and it will record the conversation.

namethief

Reaction score
recording phone calls

get a double double ended "male" 3.5mm headphone jack, plug one end into droid headphone jack, other end into input on your computer. i use a macbook and then you can record calls using GarageBand. if you dont have a mac just find some audio recording software, im sure there is some freeware you can find.

if using garageband: you might need to use a jack splitter and have headphones and the computer input coming out of the droid because i dont think the computer will play it as it records, meaning you won't be able to hear the phone call.

for information purposes only, im not responsible for what you do

Imgmorley

Reaction score
if you have and use GV, when a caller calls you on it, you just press the 4 button on the dial pad and it will record the conversation.

Thanks for the info Jim, much appreciated. They are talking about the possibility of allowing outgoing recording in the future; I'll keep you guys posted on how that works out. :) Thanks again.

In an effort to uphold the mark of a Droidforums Moderator it would probably be best if you refrained from posting unless you know what you are talking about.

AliasOther

Reaction score
It is not illegal in all states. Georgia, NC, Wisc, Alaska and others you do not have to notify anyone but yourself that you are recording the call. And yes it is admissible in family court.
So are all text, and voicemails.

I'm not guessing i lived through it, and used it in a SC family court.