How to quickly make a phone call

A.Brooks

Reaction score
if you know which number you want to call, for instance you're trying to call your Mom's mobile number.

Instead of saying "call Mom" say, "call Mom mobile" it will go straight to that number instead of having to pick it out of the list, will save you an additional couple steps.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
I'd say that in terms of speed:

Direct dial contact

Gesture search

Voice search

Personally I just hit the phone and then fav's, although I haven't set any, my most frequently called people are typically whom I'm calling anyway.

Definitely, I use Voice Search constantly. I even have the button on my Main screen. It's actually much more accurate to use than Voice Dialer from my experience, which is odd.

So it's just:
Swipe to Unlock
Press Voice Search
Talk (i.e., "Call Kevin Mobile")

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
aContacts let's you create shortcuts for search contacts by first letter, group, or organization. So if you set-up a number of groups (i.e. family), then you with two clicks you have your list down to 5-10 names fitting on one screen. 3-5 seconds to make a call.

I don't much care for voice search. Brings up at least 10-12 similar sounding names and it's slow to launch and slow to process recognition.

Cyrus6001

Reaction score
I just use the google search box/widget. Since it searches all contacts, ive found thats the quickest way to get to the person im looking for.
Or like somebody else said, just put a shortcut/direct dial on your home screen for whomever you call the most. For me i have my wifey and my sister, and other peeps i call the most. I basically have one whole screen dedicated to direct dials

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
its been mentioned already, but I just discovered this the other day
if you LONG press the search button it will open the voice dial menu so it saves one step

-=Jason=-

zenman77

Reaction score
Download google gesture seach from the market (free). Add a shortcut to your homescreen and then when it opens, input letters and walllla......... It's also a way to quickly get to your apps if you at least know the first letter in the name.

lburley7

Reaction score
Does any one else have problems with the touch screen when making calls. When I make a call either the person can't hear me and I can hear them. And I end up pushing buttons with my cheek when I am talking. Does any one have any ideas?

lburley7

Reaction score
what is the tap dialer? the touch screen dialer or the contacts you can put on your main screen. I was just wondering if there was a way to reduce the sensitivity level on the screen so that when I made a call it doesn't push buttons or disconnect me.

Murz

Reaction score
what is the tap dialer? the touch screen dialer or the contacts you can put on your main screen. I was just wondering if there was a way to reduce the sensitivity level on the screen so that when I made a call it doesn't push buttons or disconnect me.

If your holding the phone up to your ear/face while making a call your phone should automatically turn the touch screen off. If its not, you should check the phone settings. Fixing that should solve your problem.

lburley7

Reaction score
How would I find that out what the settings would be for the touch screen while talking?