How to Properly Judge the X2

SuBDivisions

Reaction score
I have read MANY reviews of this device before i got mine yesterday, and i see an issue with most who review it..

First off, a personal review of course has to be determined on which device you are coming FROM. If you were an Original X owner, you are gonna ho:hum this device for sure. Yes it may be snappier, but overall its just about the same thing..

For myself, i was a long suffering HTC TouchPro2 User on WinMo 6.5.3.. Went thru 8000 custom roms and they all had major issues doing simple things, like answering a phone call! So to me this device, is not only a God Send, but its the greatest thing since Sliced Bread...

So moving forward, take every review with a grain of salt, but look at where your coming from.. If you have a 2002 Nokia FLip phone, and 8 of the buttons dopnt work, you cant see the screen, and it holds no more then 5% battery charge.. then you may think this phone is the electronic version of Jesus himself.. :D

Its a great device, and will get even better with Gingerbread.

Case Closed.

turboteal

Reaction score
awsome dx2

i come from the first droid & played with a thunderbolt, & iphone 4, this phone has been awsome, dancedroid fast, nice BIG screen awsome camera, & video, & when GB comes out it will only get better. dont know about the complains people have, but love this phone & a qa score of 2600 out of the box is crazy. battery life is very good for me :)

Travis798

Reaction score
Agreed. Coming from the og droid for me this phone is awesome. I wasn't sure how big of a difference it would be since I was oc'd to 1.2 ghz but wow so far everything is better

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I'm considering this phone coming from an X1. From the youtube vids that I have watched I personally love what the dual core processor does. It takes away what little delay my OC'd phone has now. I cant wait to see what the X2 does when it has a fast ROM on it! :icon_ banana:

jacobbones

Reaction score
Im coming from a EnV Touch

I absolutely love this phone
I can actually surf the web now, it doesnt take 5 minutes to load a page anymore. Watch netflix etc...

Most of the gripes ive been seeing are people nitpicking things.
No phone is perfect. For me this phone was a good choice and I am happy

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Im coming from a EnV Touch

I absolutely love this phone
I can actually surf the web now, it doesnt take 5 minutes to load a page anymore. Watch netflix etc...

Most of the gripes ive been seeing are people nitpicking things.
No phone is perfect. For me this phone was a good choice and I am happy

In case anyone missed it....

RileyD

Reaction score
I came from an EnV Touch too. This phone is wonderful. I could have my Touch fully charged, take it off the charger send 1 text that is 2 sentences long and my battery life would be blinking so I needed a new phone asap. This was a great choice. It may not have 4g LTE but at least I can get on the internet now :D

eebvending

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S10+
Coming from D1, the DX2 is a considerable upgrade. I would say DX1 owners should wait for the phones that are coming this summer/fall. I won't have 4G in my area until Nov/Dec at best, so that never was a factor for me in jumping on the DX2 ship.

My only "complaints" is first, the speaker compared to the D1 is junior league, but oh well.

The other is a problem with desktop mode in Dolphin HD and Miren. I posted elsewhere and I am wondering if I'm the only one having this problem. Even with each browser set for desktop mode they both go to mobile versions of websites. Maybe everyone else likes mobile websites (ack!)

Last edited: