Droid X2 Will Not Receive Ice Cream Sandwich

Fall

Reaction score
Really dude do you honestly read what you write? Since when did the Droid X not live up to its competition? It had a higher resolution screen of any android when it was released, and was the fastest single core processor of its time. Lets be honest with ourselves, why in gods name would Motorola care about your opinion anyway, you bought a phone three years ago and still think you deserve the newest software. Business is Business I'm willing to pay for a good product every time a upgrade happens to come around. I waited past the X2, past the Bionic until they offered what I really wanted. It was well worth the wait. Motorola already apologized for what happened with the Bionic move on.

AuxiliaryPie

Reaction score
Really dude do you honestly read what you write? Since when did the Droid X not live up to its competition? It had a higher resolution screen of any android when it was released, and was the fastest single core processor of its time. Lets be honest with ourselves, why in gods name would Motorola care about your opinion anyway, you bought a phone three years ago and still think you deserve the newest software. Business is Business I'm willing to pay for a good product every time a upgrade happens to come around. I waited past the X2, past the Bionic until they offered what I really wanted. It was well worth the wait. Motorola already apologized for what happened with the Bionic move on.

first bold: well its main competition would be the EVO since the two phones were the two 4.3" screen bad boys. The EVO had a front camera, 4G, a kickstand, AMOLED screen, a wider screen giving more space for keyboards (the wider screen is more of an opinion, but a fairly common one). The DX had the same 1ghz (same meaning performance-wise) of the Galaxy S, EVO, Incredible, Nexus One. And don't nitpick with benchmark numbers, 1ghz = 1ghz in the real world.

second bold: it was technically tied with the Droid 1 & 2, though it looked like crap because they stretched the same pixels in a 3.7" screen to a 4.3". The DX2 had a higher res screen but the colors were washed out and it suffered from ghosting.

third bold: they should care because i am paying a part of their salaries. every business has a job to make money by serving their customers, motorola clearly doesn't want my money anymore.

red part: the Droid X2 came out May 19th 2011, 8 months ago. it hasnt even been a year, not three. do you read what you write?

last bold: A phone that does not receive updates that the competition is getting is not a good product. a company that doesnt support its buyer and instead releases new phones every 2 months to rub it in your face, is not a good company and does not deserve anyone's money. This is America, we have competition, and competition is good.

edit-
The only thing Droid X2 owners deserve is for Verizon and Motorola to fix the current errors like Big Russ, for example, have been experiencing on gingerbread. The problem most people aren't getting is that these aren't stock rom phones like a Nexus or original droid. They have to have the Motorola ui over top thus killing any chance of it running smoothly.

first bold: i actually agreed with that earlier, if you wont update to the latest and greatest, give us something that is actually usable...they do neither, which is why myself and others are upset.

red: people do get that, perfectly well actually and thats what makes us so mad about it. all these problems are 100% avoidable

Last edited:

KJFX

Reaction score
These forums always make me feel guilty for really liking my phone..... The X2 is the best Ph I've ever owned, it was a little buggy when gingerbread was put on it but Moto fixed a lot of those initial problems relatively quickly and yes there are a few other bugs that need addressed but Moto always seems to be addressing these. I've never felt they've "given up" on us. If Moto can put ics on my Ph in good faith then I'll trust that judgement and if not, I enjoy gingerbread. Unfortunately bugs are the inherent nature of fast evolving tech and something that needs patience as they're being dealt with. MOTOBLUR is another guilty pleasure of mine and what keeps me coming back to Moto. My Ph is a yr old and in this fast paced market is still a contender as a top rated Ph in the market, of course I have a little maxx envy ;) but who doesn't crave the latest and greatest ;) but truth be told I will probably be happy with my x2 for another 2 or 3 yrs and since Moto constantly upgrades their offerings I know no matter when I get a new Ph the latest addition will be available. I've bought my wife the Droid 1, 2, 3, and now she's on 4. Every version has been a pleasant upgrade in one way or another and she would consider nothing else but a Motorola, she is always proud to show off her latest slider and knows she has one of the best machines out there on the market. The same can be said for myself however, I am always proud to show off the features of my X2 and and always proud to say I own a top notch Motorola device.

marlonvps

Reaction score
I'm a long time motor user they have always made the best phones.
With that said GOOGLE now makes Motorola phones, so have a little patience and see how things shake out.

sampsonX2

Reaction score
I dont get all the x2 hate out there. If your phone is lagging that badly then for christ sake go download go launcher or launcher pro. I bet you that you will see drastic improvements every time. I love my droid x2. But then i am rooted with eclipse, v6 supercharger and launcher pro. Should the phone have probbably already had this installed when we got it. Absolutely! Am I mad at moto and big red for selling it full of bloat, Yes! but as long as I can fix it I am fine with it. Look, my droid X2 already does everything I want it to do and then some. When I upgraded to the Blackberry Storm when it came out, I was like a cave man entering the bronze age. It was amazing, then I realized how much my storm sucked, by comparison to the shortly released first wave of android phones, and my buddy's Iphone. I hated that thing and I still think that verizon should have given me a free upgrade just for having put up with it for 2 years. But if goign from a stick phone to a bb storm was like going from cave man to bronze age, then going from storm to dx2 was like going from bronze age to an ICBM overnight. This thing is a truly amazing product. I dont think I will even need another upgrade untill the razr max is available for free, because my x2 already does everything I need. The only thing i currently envy is a front facing camera - i can live without it, i only know 1 person i would call that has one anyway/not worth another 200 bucks to have right now.

the rest is trivial
"Oh, I only have a 1ghz dual core as opposed to a 1.5 ghz quad core"
"Oh, I only have a qhd hd screen instead of a better than retina display super duper screen"
"Oh, I only have super turbo blinker fluid instead of a z28 quadro turbo extra blinker fluid."

Good god the x2 is better than my first laptop, higher res, faster processor, more ram, better os, and longer battery life. and that laptop cost me $2K in 1999

Last edited:

Caesars

Reaction score
My x2 was probably the worst phone I've ever owned (as far as smartphones go). I realize people had success with this phone, personally launchers only lagged more. I factory wiped it many times for nothing to improve. I probably could have rooted and got rid of Verizon's crap ware but I opted to upgrade to a maxx (was hesitant because of the source taste x2 left) however the maxx is incredible. Zero lag, great battery, life, good enough screen, and the display is laaaaaarge. X2 works for many, maxx works for me :).

pizza3

Reaction score
You seem to relish the fact that the RM's screen is "laaaaaaarge". Well, with all due respect you don't know what your are talking about,emperor. Both the X2 and the RM happen to have the same size screen(4.3) and resolution(960X540) In fact if you hold them side by side, as I have, you wouldn't see any difference at all. Does this make the X2 "laaaaaaarge" as well? Granted, The RM has a .2 faster processor and that "laaaaaaaarge" battery and a FF camera, but what else? I don't need no stinkin' 4G and I don't need a FF camera and I use an extended battery. I can upgrade in 10 days on a switcheroo but I frankly don't see what is worth 3 benjamins. Just what is the difference, earthling?

Caesars

Reaction score
English may not be your first language so I'll clarify what I typed out. The razr maxx screen screen is large and enjoyable taking nothing away from the x2. You also may have some sort of eye disease/need glasses if you couldn't tell the difference between the x2 screen and the maxx screen.

Here are some possible ways for you to check your vision.

Pearle Vision | Schedule an Exam

Sterling -- Online Eye Screening

Hope your vision can be corrected mate, have a great day :)

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Should I be mad that Moto isnt going to push ICS to my old D1 that I bought from a fellow trader on [H]ardOCP for $55? God I hope not...it didnt even get Gingerbread officially did it? What about my original Droid X or my wifes Droid 2...they got Gingerbread and run it like a dream? ICS on every phone, really?

Where exactly, on any piece of paper, webpage or stone tablet, did Moto ever say that they would continually update older phones to newer operating systems? Thats right, they didnt or havent to the best of my knowledge. Fact is, there are some phones released in the last 6 months that wont get ICS...should that really be a big deal...IMO, no. Like another poster said previously, and I have said in the past, we here on these types of forums(tech nerds/modders/tinkerers) make up maybe 1% of the total of smartphone users worldwide...do you think that small percentage is even truly in the eyes of a company such as Moto or Verizon?

If you want "bleeding edge" & "legacy updates for the life of your device", then you probably need to purchase a "Nexus" device in the future...

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not updating the x2 to ics is just plain stupid...Motorola is completely wasting a perfectly good phone and holding it back from operating properly...I do mean properly too, one of the big changes with ics was DUAL CORE OPTIMIZATION, which gingerbread didn't have...with gingerbread the x2 is more of a 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 core phone- not truly a dual (2) core phone...it's like having a v8 engine running on only 6 cylinders, it just plain doesn't make sense...

BigRussDaGOD

Reaction score
Just a heads up to X2 owners still having problems...

I complained to verizon last week about the problems that I've been having with my X2. They told me that they been getting alot of people with similar problems as mine and offered to give me a brand new model phone. They offered to send me a Droid 3 so I agreed.

Not a bad a bad upgrade for free. :) :icon_ banana:

robert70

Reaction score
Yeah but how many times did you call and. Complaint? And how many replacement x2's had they given you at that point?