how to move items from internal phone storage(low memory) to sd card

jamesmannara

Reaction score
i have low internal phone storage and come to find out after having the phone for 6 months,nothing has saved to my 15 gb sd card.how can i get things to save to the sd card and how do i move current items over to the sd card.

superglen99

Reaction score
settings, applications, manage applications, then select the one you want and click move to sd card, Not all apps have the options but most do and if you get an error just hit move to sd card again. works great for me

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
I was getting the low memory indicator and after deleting some apps I really didn't use and moving all the apps I could to the SD card they persisted.
I finally figured out that it was my browser cache that was the problem... cleared the browser cache and problem solved.

OP
J

jamesmannara

Reaction score
ok so i tweaked with moving the apps that i could and deleted the ones that i didnt use a lot.is there anyway i can get my camera picture and media gallery stuff to only be on my sd card,cause i had 25 mb and now have 45 mb,how much internal storage do you guys have left? and i have the advanced task killer and the cachemate,are those pretty much the same thing?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Your pictures should already be on the SD card. Where exactly are they now?

edward60

Reaction score
Your pictures should already be on the SD card. Where exactly are they now?
plz pardon the interruption. i'm new to this forum. i have the same question. how may i move everything in Gallery to my sd card? whn i open Gallery, i see different objects --- such as Camera; Download; Myalbum; sdcard; Saved videos --- to name a few. it's my guess that not everything is on the sd card because the sdcard object has (1) next to it. whn i open sdcard, there's only 1 item in it. and that's why i'm guessing that not everything is on the sd card.

so, how may i move all of the separate objects to the sdcard?

thanks for your reply and assistance.

dcook12

Reaction score
Everything in the gallery is on the SD card. I know it is confusing when you see SD card and camera...I use dropbox now (awesome) but connect your phone to a usb port on your computer. The phone will come up with a message about usb connection on..answer yes...find it on your computer (will have a new drive letter like an external drive....) remember that you phone is just like a small computer so it has files and folders. Find the sdcard folder, under that is DCIM which is where the pictures are stored and all of the pictures you have should be there...So by default, no matter what the gallery calls them, all pictures are automatically put on your sdcard. I'm not a pro, so anyone feel free to correct me if I missed or said something incorrectly....

edward60

Reaction score
a big THANK YOU to dcook12. you are correct. everything is under the DCIM folder (i.e. on the SDcard). you're awesome. (ed)

dcook12

Reaction score
Your welcome ....but I can't take credit....I had the same question and one of the nice folks in this forum gave me the same answer!! Enjoy ...

powerjunky

Reaction score
Photos saved to internal storage

Somehow I have some photos saved to my sd card and some saved to internal phone storage. I downloaded VCast media manager so I could transfer the pictures from internal storage but they aren't showing up anywhere but on the phone itself. All of the pictures we took of my granddaughter for Halloween went to internal storage and I would really like to move them. the SD card has 64 items but there are 134 in the gallery. I just tried to upload the gallery to my computer but it said I don't allow upload functionality.
I am apparently a data hog because I am getting an error that there is not enough space when I try to take another picture. I have already cleared caches of all apps and moved the apps that were movable to sd card.

REMilk

Reaction score
Somehow I have some photos saved to my sd card and some saved to internal phone storage. I downloaded VCast media manager so I could transfer the pictures from internal storage but they aren't showing up anywhere but on the phone itself. All of the pictures we took of my granddaughter for Halloween went to internal storage and I would really like to move them. the SD card has 64 items but there are 134 in the gallery. I just tried to upload the gallery to my computer but it said I don't allow upload functionality.
I am apparently a data hog because I am getting an error that there is not enough space when I try to take another picture. I have already cleared caches of all apps and moved the apps that were movable to sd card.

If your phone already does not have a File Manager app, such as "Files" on the Droid 3, I recommend that you install one such as such as "ES File Manager", "OI File Manager", "Astro File Manager", etc. There are several in the App Market for you to choose.

With the File Manager, you can manage the files and where they are located. You can move files, such as pics, from internal phone storage to your SD card.

Good Luck,
Bob