How to make the most of internal storage?

Brightonbrad

Reaction score
My phone is basically out of memory. But I only have about 15 apps (none are big in file size) I have 1 video that is 2 mins long and 5 pictures. How have I already used up the space. I can't even take pictures without first having to delete one. It ridiculous. Any idea how to free up space?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Install an app called Disk Usage from the Store. That will tell you everything abouyt what's taking up space. Also install Clean Master to clean up the cache and misc. stuff.

OP
Brightonbrad

Brightonbrad

Reaction score
Install an app called Disk Usage from the Store. That will tell you everything abouyt what's taking up space. Also install Clean Master to clean up the cache and misc. stuff.

Thanks. That app was really helpful. I have one subscription with play magazines. But it's using 2gb. Any idea why? I would like to use what I paid for but 2 GB is a lot of space. Sucks that I can't move to SD (not rooted)

bigbadwulff

Reaction score
Do you have an SD card in the phone?

I have like 450 pics, 20 videos, 130 apps and have plenty of space...

OP
Brightonbrad

Brightonbrad

Reaction score
Do you have an SD card in the phone?

I have like 450 pics, 20 videos, 130 apps and have plenty of space...

Yeah I have 20gb of space on my SD card left anyway to change where view and pics are stored? They are always stored on my internal

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have 20gb of space on my SD card left anyway to change where view and pics are stored? They are always stored on my internal

Some apps have settings that allow you to specify where downloads or data is stored, most don't. Use a file manager to cut/paste the items to the SD card or manage it through an app called AirDroid. It can transfer file anywhere you need them.

bigbadwulff

Reaction score
Just go into settings and choose where you want the photos to be stored. I think the optional Sd card is Sd1, where internal storage is Sd0? Am i correct here?

pdaniel219

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you're right bigbad. You can access the storage location from the camera itself. With the camera on, hit settings then storage. You have the option of "internal" or "SD card".