Internal Storage Discrepancy

smotpoker

Reaction score
Hi. I've run into a puzzling issue on my Droid Razr M. Out of nowhere, I received an "insufficient storage space" error when attempting to download a new app knowing full well that I had plenty of room available on my internal memory (over 500 MB). I thought maybe it was the app itself so I tried a few more and got the same message. I looked at the storage section of the phone settings and noticed a discrepancy between 2 screens as shown in the attachments. On the main storage screen it shows 685 MB available, and on the app screen it shows 1.2 GB free. Just wondering if anyone has run into this problem before, and if it might have something to do with the reason that I'm getting the "insufficient storage space" error when attempting to download apps.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-01-28-21-20-49.png
    Screenshot_2013-01-28-21-20-49.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 555
  • Screenshot_2013-01-28-21-21-13.png
    Screenshot_2013-01-28-21-21-13.png
    65.3 KB · Views: 582

pdaniel219

Reaction score
I just checked mine and there is a small discrepancy as well. Not too big 786mb used and 888mb used. I don't have to many apps installed. Not sure what to think about it.

OP
S

smotpoker

Reaction score
Yea I'm a little disappointed that no one has replied with any real input. The other question I posed a few months back was responded to in less than an hour. Oh well, what can you do?

As Hetfield put it, 'F it all with 'Fing no regrets.

heavyvino

Reaction score
I have a max HD and got the same message. I called moto tech support and was on the phone with them for over an hour, I even let them control the phone. They saw what I saw and checked many things that we can't, in the end recommended factory reset, that cured the problem for 2 days, it came back. Went to the vzn store I bought it at and exchanged it, only had it 4 days. Next morning the new phone had the same message. I tracked what went on while I sleep. Droid TV had downloaded, and with JB it dose not download to the sd card, how ever it dose not show up on any screen that I checked. I had about 200 hours that was downloading to internal storage, removed most from my phone and that ended the problem. Hope this helps you.

peterx

Reaction score
Any results

Hi. I've run into a puzzling issue on my Droid Razr M. Out of nowhere, I received an "insufficient storage space" error when attempting to download a new app knowing full well that I had plenty of room available on my internal memory (over 500 MB). I thought maybe it was the app itself so I tried a few more and got the same message. I looked at the storage section of the phone settings and noticed a discrepancy between 2 screens as shown in the attachments. On the main storage screen it shows 685 MB available, and on the app screen it shows 1.2 GB free. Just wondering if anyone has run into this problem before, and if it might have something to do with the reason that I'm getting the "insufficient storage space" error when attempting to download apps.

Thanks.

Hi Smotpoker, I am having the same issue - have you solved the problem? I am getting the messasge 'storage space running out' but when I look it up I can't see where the internal memory has gone (the figures don't add up). It has gotten so bad the phone will no longer allow me to sync to gmail.
Pete

huskur

Reaction score
The difference is due to not really the app size but after you download an app it also eats up more storage with, in regular PC terms, cache files (files needed in addition to the app itself) that is why you see the difference between the two. The first attachment is correct.

LucasJoelho

Reaction score
I dont know about this message, but i know that if you "root" it you can uninstall the bloatware (verizon, amazon apps...) which gives you more space, and also you can copy apps from internal storage to your sd card.
Lots of rooting tutorial videos on youtube, and the website www.rootjunky.com
Hope that helps

Dave517

Reaction score
Granted I've only had my DROID RAZR M for about a month now but I have figured out one can disable unwanted apps hence adding more memory back. Works great.