[HACKS] How To Install ForeverRoot/Cheesecake and Rom From Start to Finish

mswierse

Reaction score
What ROM you running? Liberty was built on .886 so it will show up that way

That makes sense... I was wondering why my phone says .886 but i Know it used to say .893... I thought I was loosing it lol. I think I'm ok now though :)

Goros

Reaction score
I'm trying to get the latest version (I have it forever rooted and have gone back to stock .886) and have cheesecake installed, changed the server, but can't get the latest version.

It throws an error after "motorola account required". I hit setup, and it opens a window saying "Connection Failed" In order to complete setup, you need a data connection.

Welp, I have 3g, and am connected to wifi, can get online to all the other sites etc, but for whatever reason this thing hates me.

Can someone please download the latest ROM (.8.894) and host it on a free download service so I can snag it? This is really annoying, but if cheesecake doesn't want to work, I'll do it the manual way.

Thanks

SpeedDMN

Reaction score
I know this will seem like a stupid question to some of you android veterans, but here goes. I am trying to update the system version from 5.5.886 on my Bionic to the "leaked" 5.8.894. I am having a slew of data connection issues that really makes for a serious pain in the neck. From what I am reading here it seems people have had a good deal of success resolving this with the update and fixing the camera focus would be nice too! My phone has been rooted and I removed a ton of bloatware, "fixed" the wireless tether etc. so I figured the update would fail (and it did) using ROM manager v4.8.0.6. So, is there a way to restore stock settings in so much as the update will succeed without losing all my previous work. Or will I truly have to start from scratch? Any insight would be appreciated as I am a total noob with the android OS.

jlong006

Reaction score
Had the same problem myself do a search for the zip of. 894 and install just as you would a new rom, wipe data and cache and install. Just make sure you do the forever root.