[VIDEO] How To Install AOKP Kit Kat 4.4.2 On The Droid RAZR HD!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;N_u_39VPBag]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_u_39VPBag&feature=youtu.be[/video]

The video above is a quick video guide on installing AOKP to the Droid RAZR HD. This method is basically the same for any other device that has an unlocked bootloader. Simply boot into recovery, wipe data/cache/dalvik cache, install zip from sd card, choose the aokp rom, then the gapps, then reboot. Download links are in the video description. Big shoutouts to developer "Tucstwo" who successfully ported this Rom to the Razr HD for our enjoyment!

Original Thread For The Rom Can Be Found Here

Tucstwo

Reaction score
[video=youtube;N_u_39VPBag]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_u_39VPBag&feature=youtu.be[/video]

The video above is a quick video guide on installing AOKP to the Droid RAZR HD. This method is basically the same for any other device that has an unlocked bootloader. Simply boot into recovery, wipe data/cache/dalvik cache, install zip from sd card, choose the aokp rom, then the gapps, then reboot. Download links are in the video description.

Dude, we appreciate you making this vid with install info to help folks, but it would be much appreciated if you posted in this thread WHO ported this rom to make it work on this device and WHERE you found it.

I recognize you've linked "your source" on the youtube page, but not a peep about it here.

We have no problem with you making vids like this, but XT926 is NOT an official AOKP 4.4 build and it took some real effort to make it work for that device. It's not plug and play.

ROM Port Source can be found here for those who wish to build these for themselves. We (well, actually AOKP) has ROM control NOW!!
And the ORIGINAL ROM thread can be found here. If site management has an issue with external links, please by all means delete this thread in it's entirety.

Otherwise, myself and a friend ported AOKP for this and several other devices and we posted them (exclusivly) on droidrzr.com

Thank you :)

This post wouldn't be necessary if the OP had provided the appropriate references.

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dude, we appreciate you making this vid with install info to help folks, but it would be much appreciated if you posted in this thread WHO ported this rom to make it work on this device and WHERE you found it.

I recognize you've linked "your source" on the youtube page, but not a peep about it here.

We have no problem with you making vids like this, but XT926 is NOT an official AOKP 4.4 build and it took some real effort to make it work for that device. It's not plug and play.

ROM Port Source can be found here for those who wish to build these for themselves. We (well, actually AOKP) has ROM control NOW!!
And the ORIGINAL ROM thread can be found here. If site management has an issue with external links, please by all means delete this thread in it's entirety.

Otherwise, myself and a friend ported AOKP for this and several other devices and we posted them (exclusivly) on droidrzr.com

This post wouldn't be necessary if the OP had provided the appropriate references.

OP updated. Thanks for all your hard work bro!

Seenivasan

Reaction score

Thanks for your information.