How to get rid of voicemail app

OP
D

dbronstein

Reaction score
I went back into my account to check again. Apparently they do have a visual voicemail service that I am not subscribed to that will transcribe your VMs. Because I don't subscribe, I have ads in the app. If I subscribe to the stupid service, then it will remove ads from the app. But there doesn't seem to be any way to remove the app completely.

JandN2639

Reaction score
There are apps that allow users to disable bloatware, but at least most require rooting, which would violate the phone warranty. We have one on our T-Mobile Galaxy S10e. If you decide to try that approach, make sure you only remove apps you do not intend to ever use and that are clearly identified. Most system apps should be left untouched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
There are apps that allow users to disable bloatware, but at least most require rooting, which would violate the phone warranty. We have one on our T-Mobile Galaxy S10e. If you decide to try that approach, make sure you only remove apps you do not intend to ever use and that are clearly identified. Most system apps should be left untouched.

This question is just for my own curiosity. If I followed your advice and rooted my phone, then uninstalled the stock voicemail app how would my phone know I had a new voicemail message? Would I receive a notification for a new voicemail? Does Android have a native "you have new voicemail functionality" or is that tied to the voice plan through your carrier and their specific voicemail app?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

JandN2639

Reaction score
I did not advise removing voicemail. I only mentioned anti-bloatware apps, because it is possible to disable unwanted apps that users cannot remove.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I did not advise removing voicemail. I only mentioned anti-bloatware apps, because it is possible to disable unwanted apps that users cannot remove.

OK, cool. I thought that's what you meant. I just wanted to ask for my own curiosity, and since the thread topic was specifically asking how to uninstall the Sprint voicemail app. That's an app that probably should be left alone....I think.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

JandN2639

Reaction score
I believe so too. However, a disabling app would allow the original poster to see what happens without necessarily making a permanent change.