How to get recovery from power off state

9wire

Reaction score
I had a bootloop the other night, and finally found a method of getting into Clockwork that worked for me on CM7. Wish I could give credit, but it was late, and I just can't remember where I read this. What to do is get into stock recovery using the power/volume down, then wipe data. Reboot, and when Android start screen shows up ("touch here to begin") you can then use the power button to reboot into recovery like normal.
This saved me the other night,none of the old methods worked, and I did NOT want to sbf again, and I had a recent nandroid to make things all good again. Really wish I could say where I got this, but for the record, it wasn't me, and it works.

razorloves

Reaction score
this is not how to get into cwr from power off state. all you're doing is getting into stock recovery, which we already know. it's home and power button. not home and vol down.

OP

9wire

Reaction score
I was stuck in a bootloop, nothing else worked. I've read of others having similar problems, and this did work when nothing else would. I was about to sbf, but this method saved me from having to.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums