1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

How to download movies

Discussion in 'Android Audio and Video' started by boos1906, Jun 25, 2010.

1. boos1906

boos1906 New Member

Hey guys I know you can download full length movies on your droid. Just wondering if some body can walk me through this. I have tried going into the store and haveing them help me and they are worthless. 3/4 verizon reps cant even run this phone. Thanks for the help guys
  2. dvdcatalyst

dvdcatalyst Guest

Hi,

The movies have to be in a compatible format to be able to play on your Droid. Most standard MP4 files should play fine.

Some info on that can be found here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-faq/14858-how-convert-videos-use-droid.html

After that, copy them to your Droid by connecting your Droid to your computer in USB mode. It will appear as a drive in your "My Computer".
    Just drag the files you have over and once the copying is done, you can start "Gallery" on your Droid and play the files.

To get started, you can download some clips from my "trailer" thread here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-audio-video/15161-droid-optimized-movie-trailers.html

The MP4 links will stream when you visit the links on your Droid. the ZIP files, download those, extract the MP4 from them, and then copy them over.
  3. boos1906

boos1906 New Member

So whats the best program to download on your computer to download these movies?
  4. dvdcatalyst

dvdcatalyst Guest

I will be biased here by saying you should use DVD Catalyst 3, as I am the developer, however, there are numerous threads on video conversion programs on these forums. Just look around in the video/audio section.
    Here are a few links from the first 2 pages.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-audio-video/53571-whats-best-movie-converter-droid.html

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-audio-video/14958-re-how-convert-dvds-videos-use-droid.html

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-audio-video/2024-i-found-good-video-converter-droid.html
  5. boos1906

boos1906 New Member

whats your website?
  6. dvdcatalyst

dvdcatalyst Guest

7. boos1906

boos1906 New Member

so I download that program on my computer first and then download the movie to my computer and then move it over to my phone with the usb port right? I am brand new to the droid. thanks for the help
  8. dvdcatalyst

dvdcatalyst Guest

Yes.

1. Install program.
    2. Run program, insert DVD or add video files
    3. Convert video to Droid format (takes a while)
    4. Connect Droid to PC with USB, should show up in "My Computer" as an E-drive or an F-drive or something. Drag file from computer to Droid.
    5. Movie should show up in Gallery, tap to play.

It might be a good idea to download one of my movie trailers first, and skip to step 4, just to get a feel for it.
  9. boos1906

boos1906 New Member

so i have to have the actual dvd?
  10. dvdcatalyst

dvdcatalyst Guest

No, but DVD is what most people ask about. You can just drag video files of all sorts and types onto the program. It works with AVI, DIVX, XVID, ISO, VOB, MKV etc.
  11. CrashnBrn

CrashnBrn New Member

I'm pretty sure you are looking for a way to pirate movies.

Don't.

Buy them.

It's legal and problem solved using DVD catalyst or any other program to convert!
  12. boos1906

boos1906 New Member

when i click on the program to download it it just gives me the zoom in out thing and not the thing to click next. any ideas
  13. Robo-dRoid

Robo-dRoid New Member

Any video converter works for me has settings for incredible screen
    Resolution
  14. dvdcatalyst

dvdcatalyst Guest

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean with that, sorry.

Did the program install? Did you already convert your file?
  15. boos1906

boos1906 New Member

No I didnt download it. It gave me a warning message saying it could have virsuses and stuff. Im assuming you have a antivirus program that scans it on the paid version right?
  16. dvdcatalyst

dvdcatalyst Guest

The warning message is probably from your web browser. It always warns when you download a file to your computer.

Every file I upload for public access on my webserver is scanned by www.virustotal.com This website uses 40+ of the most popular virus scanners, including AVG, Microsoft, McAffee and Symantec.
  17. boos1906

boos1906 New Member

Ok well I downloaded dvd catalyst. Now I have a question. Is this program for putting the movie on the phone after its downloaded or do you also download the movie on your computer? If not what program should I use to download the movie? Would limewire work?
  18. dvdcatalyst

dvdcatalyst Guest

DVD Catalyst converts movies you already have, either on DVD, in which case, it converts the DVD to a file, or from video files you have such as TV recordings or video files such as avi, divx, mkv and such. It does not download movies from the internet.

To download free movies, you can visit the Internet Archive. They collect movies and TV shows that are out of copyright. Older movies, such as Hercules, Ben Hur, Cleopatra and more.
    Movies
    TV

For obtaining movies that are recent through the internet, I can not help you. Sharing information about copyrighted material is not allowed on these forums. You can try Google though.
Search tags for this page
can you download movies to a droid phone

download movies for droid

download movies on droid

download movies to droid

droid movies download
dvd to droid.net
how can you download a movie on droid
how can you download movies to a verizon phone
how to down load a movie on driod
how to download free movies to my droid
how to download free movies to your droid