How to do a full adb wipe...help!

capo745

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am trying to install a rom, but instructions say that I need to do a full adb wipe. I've searched everywhere on how to do this, but no luck. I found one thread that gave these directions:

Boot into recovery....mount SYSTEM, DATA, CACHE...

Go to your computer and type:
adb shell
format SYSTEM:
format DATA:
format CACHE:
Unmount SYSTEM DATA, CACHE
Proceed with install.

I'm able to boot into recovery and mount sys, data, cache. But where it says to go to my computer and type, I get lost, don't know where to type this at. If someone out there could guide me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it. Thanks

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah you need to set up the Android SDK on your computer and have a successful ADB connection.

OP
C

capo745

Reaction score
Thanks, you guys are quick! I really appreciate it. Now, I did figure it out, but now when I try to format DATA, it says I have a bad block(actually it goes from 3 to 10), and still can't install my rom. Any ideas why is not letting me format DATA?

jbernard703

Reaction score
Thanks, you guys are quick! I really appreciate it. Now, I did figure it out, but now when I try to format DATA, it says I have a bad block(actually it goes from 3 to 10), and still can't install my rom. Any ideas why is not letting me format DATA?

Don't know, I have never seen that. Are you using ADB while your phone is booted into recovery mode? Also, i never mounted when running the format commands. I just booted into recovery mode then ran from adb

adb shell
format DATA:
format SYSTEM:
format CACHE:

then i used backup/restore to do a nandroid restore of the ROM i was installing