how to delete contact history....

markad11

Reaction score
I delete my txt msg... i delete my call log... but under contacts/history nothing gets deleted... anyone know of anyway i can delete all my contact history?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a Droid. I can clear call and txt history and see the reason for doing so. I am not aware of a way to clear contact history or what the history may provide.

Mike

OP
M

markad11

Reaction score
On the droid x it has a feature that saves facebook msg, txt msg and call log info... no matter if u delete them from the normal menus it still saves them under contact history... its sucks and u can't delete them.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification. I do not use Face Book so now your inquiry makes sense.

Mike

cromo8

Reaction score
on the x there is no way of removing that yet

Super Turtleman

Reaction score
hartman, I think the op is referring to the history in the contacts. In Droid X (also in Droid 2), if you pull up a contact, you can slide the screen to each side...one for social messaging history and the other for text history. Those stay on your phone even after you delete the messages themselves.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
You can delete the history with the 2.2 build, so for those are who not installing the leaked one when the official gets here you will be able to do so. When you are on that history page just hit menu button and clear history. Very nice fix they did, sucked having that stuff stay on there.