How to delete ALL MAIL

jimbo11mcm

Reaction score
I did a search and cannot find a way to delete the email from my Gmail account in my ALL MAIL folder. Does anyone know how to delete all the email without checking each separate email? thanks.

bdub33

Reaction score
I do it by logging into my gmail in the browser and emptying trash there

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
I did a search and cannot find a way to delete the email from my Gmail account in my ALL MAIL folder. Does anyone know how to delete all the email without checking each separate email? thanks.

There is no "select all" option to delete yet. Would be useful.

RevivaL

Reaction score
Would be useful. I say just do it online

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

There certainly is. Right next to the Delete Forever button in the trash area of gmail is a little square button with a down arrow. Click on that and a small menu pops up and you can select all.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score

There certainly is. Right next to the Delete Forever button in the trash area of gmail is a little square button with a down arrow. Click on that and a small menu pops up and you can select all.

In the gmail app?

~ DroidForums.net App ~

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

In the gmail app?

~ DroidForums.net App ~
No, you go to the gmail page on line. Select trash and then you'll see the delete forever button. Click the little square to the left and then either you can just check it or select from the menu.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score

In the gmail app?

~ DroidForums.net App ~
No, you go to the gmail page on line. Select trash and then you'll see the delete forever button. Click the little square to the left and then either you can just check it or select from the menu.

Ok, yeah I was aware of that function on the web but I assumed the OP meant in the gmail app. Sorry for the confusion hook......

~ DroidForums.net App ~

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, yeah I was aware of that function on the web but I assumed the OP meant in the gmail app. Sorry for the confusion hook......

~ DroidForums.net App ~

No confusion really, the second poster mentioned it as well too. I think that a lot of people don't think about using their browser to sign into gmail as opposed to relying on the stock app. You can get to a lot of things easier that way then using the app.

OP
J

jimbo11mcm

Reaction score
Deleting All Mail

Thanks for the info. I went online on my mainframe and checked the select all box and deleted a bunch of email. Would be nice to have it included within the Gmail app.

flash24

Reaction score
It would be really convenient if they can add the "Delete All Feature" though.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App