how to copy phone number from contacts

odoyle81

Reaction score
Had the droid for a while but haven't had to do this before and I can't figure it out. How do I simply copy a phone number from my contact list so I can paste into a text message? This is kind of frustrating that I can't figure this out...

Example:

Friend A texts me asking me for Friend B's phone number.
I should be able to go into my contacts find Friend B's number and copy and paste it into a text message reply to friend A.

Thanks for any help!

kprojects

Reaction score
You can find the contact.. open it.. edit contact.. then long touch the number and it will pop up a dialog box with a 'copy all' option..

cuzzinz

Reaction score
Had the droid for a while but haven't had to do this before and I can't figure it out. How do I simply copy a phone number from my contact list so I can paste into a text message? This is kind of frustrating that I can't figure this out...

Example:

Friend A texts me asking me for Friend B's phone number.
I should be able to go into my contacts find Friend B's number and copy and paste it into a text message reply to friend A.

Thanks for any help!
LOL i did this the other day ...

Step 1: exit text message from friend A
step 2: go into contacts and find friend B
step 3: click on friend Bs contact and the click Menu button and then edit
step 4: find the number you want and hold down on it till the popup appears
step 5: click COPY ALL on the popup
step 6: high the back button and then hit the home button
step 7: go back into the text message from friend A click and hold in the text field on the message and click paste VIOLA!!!

Hope this helps.

D34THDroid

Reaction score
Haha I posted the same thing, they need to fix that, you should have the option to attach a contact info.

imiller913

Reaction score
Yeah that is something we should be able to do with not a lot of effort.

dualsub2006

Reaction score
I agree that this could and should be easier. When I have had to do the same exact thing I went in to contacts and shared via email.

It was dead simple, but not ideal. This was one family member requesting info of another family member. If this had been business related I would not do this in an instance where I might have home address, home phone or personal cell as all it does is add a VCF file to the message. Anything that you know about that person will be included.