How to Block Text Messages ....

vja4Him

Reaction score
I need to find some way to Block Text Messages with no Phone Number ..... I keep getting Spam .....

Can anyone recommend an Android app that works good to Block Text Messages?

My phone is the Samsung Galaxy Note 3, running KitKat 4.4.2

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
When you get these messages, you should be able to block the sender. While the message is open go into options/settings [not sure on the Note] and there should be a block option.

OP
V

vja4Him

Reaction score
When you get these messages, you should be able to block the sender. While the message is open go into options/settings [not sure on the Note] and there should be a block option.

I only have the Block option for Phone Numbers, not Text Messages. I need to find an app that will Block Text Messages .....

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I only have the Block option for Phone Numbers, not Text Messages. I need to find an app that will Block Text Messages .....

I use GO SMS Pro and it has an option to "blacklist" any unwanted text messages.

recDNA

Reaction score
I use GO SMS Pro and it has an option to "blacklist" any unwanted text messages.

If you blacklist a number then look in stock sms app will sms be there or does blacklisting in go sms pro really block message from getting to the phone.

Sent from my Hyperdriven Note 3

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
If you blacklist a number then look in stock sms app will sms be there or does blacklisting in go sms pro really block message from getting to the phone.

Sent from my Hyperdriven Note 3

It will block a blacklisted number completely.

Sam Presley

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5 Tmobile
Hi all,

There is a method to block completly unwanted texts in KitKat 4.4
and up...

The App costs $5.99 and is called Extreme Call Blocker and it not only
allows you to block calls so they dont get sent to voicemail also you can block completly unwanted texts from notifying you and then they are erased completly from the device upon arrival..

This app is worth the $5.99 that you spend on it.

Their Texting app built into it is generic basic but if that doesnt bother you then you are good to go to block unwanted phone calls and unwanted text messaages...

Im not talking blacklisting unwanted texts which only hides the unwanted text message in a spam box or vault type space on the device Extreme Call Blocker completly erases the received unwanted text messages from the phone number you add to the app and you dont get any notification by audio or visually that the message even came to your device because you can set in its settings to have the message completly erased once it comes in.

I know google messed up when they made KitKat 4.4 and up act this way towards text blocking but since buying Extreme Call Blocker I
am happy that I can now keep unwanted spam text messages and unwanted people's texts from being stored or even notifying me with audio tone or whatnot from bothering me..

I do hope this information helps you all out that need to block completly calls ot even unwanted spam or unwanted text messages from anyone...

Sam Presley