1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

how to "activate" a verizon droid in Europe?

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by rochester21, Apr 19, 2012.

1. rochester21

rochester21 New Member

Hello there. I live in Europe and i just bought from a guy a verizon motorola a855(CDMA), which i wanted to use as a mp3 player, internet tablet etc. The problem is that the phone requires to be "activated", which i suppose i can`t do, since the phone is CDMA. Is there anything i can do about it? My first assumption would be that i have to install a custom rom, but i don`t know if this is as simple as that. I would be grateful if anyone can tell me if i can override this activation thing and acces the menu(and how). I only paid 35 euros for it, and the phone looks like new, but it would be a shame if i can only use it as a contemporary work of art :(
  2. rochester21

rochester21 New Member

Well, i found an easy solution(should have searched the web more carefully). I touched the four corners of the screen in a clockwise order and the phone jumped straight into the menu. Somewhat strange though, why did the phone ask for activation in the first place, without letting me access the menu ? :)
Search tags for this page
activate verizon phone in europe
activating verizon android for europe
can i use my droid in europe
can you use a verizon droid in europe

droid bionic europe

how to activate verizon phone in europe
motorola a855 cdma in europe
motorola droid bionic europe
use droid bionic europe

using droid in europe

using my verizon android phone in europe