Motorola a854??

BishopDawg

Reaction score
Hey all, I was at a yard sale this past weekend and happened to pick up what I thought was a Droid for a good deal. Come to find out when I tried to have it activated at Verizon that it's not an a855 but an a854.

A question to the guru's here, is there anything I can do to enable this phone for use with Verizon? Or did I get a $25 digital camera/MP3 player and a phone that I can only play with while I'm on Wi-Fi? Any advice/help would be appreciated.

Thanks

debrad0307

Reaction score
Was this the reasoning Verizon gave you? Does the phone have the Verizon logo on it?

Tappin and talkin on my DROIDX

OP
B

BishopDawg

Reaction score
Was this the reasoning Verizon gave you? Does the phone have the Verizon logo on it?

Tappin and talkin on my DROIDX

No logo on it. They checked the ESN on it and said it was clean. When they went to activate it, they said that it wouldn't let them and said sorry.

I'm not a very tech suave guy but I did some searching around on this site. I found a post staying their were 3 different types of FCC ID's. This one is is IHDP56K1, which the post on this site says "IHDP56KC1 = CDMA "DROID" (Verizon)".