How to access Verizon voicemail from landline?

ntimid8r

Reaction score
Well I was told by vzw that calling voicemail uses my anytime minutes during peak times.:icon_evil: Is there a standard number you can call from a landline to access your vzw voicemail?

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You should be able to dial your number, then press star when the VM picks up. It will prompt you for your password. That should work.

Well I was told by vzw that calling voicemail uses my anytime minutes during peak times.:icon_evil: Is there a standard number you can call from a landline to access your vzw voicemail?

OP
ntimid8r

ntimid8r

Reaction score
Erron said:
You should be able to dial your number, then press star when the VM picks up. It will prompt you for your password. That should work.
Well I tried that and it didn't work. Once I hit the star key, the prompt begins recording a voice message. I tried a couple different times of when to press the star key but both results are the same.

B Hertz

Reaction score

If you dial your actual phone number instead of *86 or whatever it is from your cell then it counts as mobile 2 mobile and doesn't go against your minutes.

B Hertz

Reaction score
Well I tried that and it didn't work. Once I hit the star key, the prompt begins recording a voice message. I tried a couple different times of when to press the star key but both results are the same.

with that way it's actually the pound key you press. but if you call your cell number from your phone it'll just prompt you for the pin number.

depdaDROID

Reaction score
I added the google number to my favorites. hope it works (the fav. manager did not reject the #)

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The #

It's the # button. Then your password

OP
ntimid8r

ntimid8r

Reaction score

with that way it's actually the pound key you press. but if you call your cell number from your phone it'll just prompt you for the pin number.
Well the pound key did the trick!!! Thanks for your response. :yr1:

depdaDROID

Reaction score
sorry for the unclear msg, but I meant that when I added the google vm number to my favorites list (you dont use your minutes when calling these lines (to both landline ,mobile)) the favorites manager on my verizon web site accepted the google vm number as a favorite.

OP
ntimid8r

ntimid8r

Reaction score
sorry for the unclear msg, but I meant that when I added the google vm number to my favorites list (you dont use your minutes when calling these lines (to both landline ,mobile)) the favorites manager on my verizon web site accepted the google vm number as a favorite.
Yeah I was a bit confused with your earlier reply...no worries. :)

I haven't signed up for google voice yet. I read about it and will probably join...just I'm slow at getting to things lately. I'm still figuring out all the goodies on my Droid.:laugh: