How to Access SD Card Directly

GraveTrain

Reaction score
Hey... I'm in my fourth hour of my DX. I'm just wondering if there is an app that will allow me to access the SD card via the USB Data Cable or VCAST.

I hooked up the phone and my PC automatically installed the drivers but the phone sees the SD card as a MTP device rather than a mass storage unit. So long as it is an MTP device I can't create subfolders. Anyone have any ideas?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
When you hook up the DX to a computer and pull down the notification panel is there different options of how to mount the device listed ?

OP
GraveTrain

GraveTrain

Reaction score
No... it just sees it as an MTP device. I see only the DATA and MEDIA folders. When I explore them I am unable to create a new folder.

BTW, computer = XP Home SP3

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Should be in the pull down of the notification bar.

OP
GraveTrain

GraveTrain

Reaction score
Notification bar on the phone or on the computer. If it's the computer the notification box offers me only two choices:

() Synchronize media files to this device using Microsoft Media Player
() Take no Action

If it is on the phone then I'm a bit lost

Geeze.... that's what I get when I go 14 years with Palm....

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Your Computer O/S shouldn't matter, on your Handheld Device in the Pull Down Notification Panel should be different "Mount Options" choose Mass Storage

On your phone, put your finger at the top of a home screen and drag it down...Notification Panel ;)

benner

Reaction score
DId you format the card after you installed in into the phone cause if so you lost what you had on it before.

But as others said slide down the notification at the top and there should be a setting there like mount as disk drive or something like that. Then you just have to figure out which drive is the sd card on the computer.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is always a learning curve, my wife also came from a Palm (10 years) luckily for her she has me.....and Vice Versa :)