How much better is 3.0 over 2.5?

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
I ran both of the RC's that were released and had to go back to 2.5. Loaded up 3.0 and it has been pretty rock solid for me.

Both the RCs were immovable objects on my set & 3.0 is getting along nicely with RZs LGB 1.0

msg04

Reaction score
Same here...As much as I love UD roms, this didnt run that great on my phone. too many redraws and battery life just seemed horrible for me. LGB 1.2 ran very well for me...i guess ill go back to that until a new UD update comes

AFX

Reaction score
Yeah, I love UD but this one is just not working for me. It's sluggish, battery life isn't great, Facebook doesn't sync properly (although apparently this is GB-related), I'm getting LauncherPro redraws, and there's a bunch of graphical errors.

Going to try out PE and some other ROMs for now, but hopefully the bugs get worked out of UD because they really have been my favorite ROMs for a while now and BD has done a lot of great work.

nornevrder

Reaction score
Wow for some odd reason it is running as smooth as butter for me. Supper snappy and battery life is good. I am running raids 1ghz kernal and phone is digging it.

Sent From The Final Frontier

joyu

Reaction score
You guys really need to try it with the stock launcher. This ROM made my phone faster then I have ever seen it. There is an option for 5 home screen buttons so I don't see any reason to use anything else. Remember the stock launcher has hardware acceleration for certain menus, which is why I was excited about gingerbread to begin with.

Good luck.

Using stock kernal, no redraw issues (well once in a while it redraws but it is a REALLY quick redraw, so I don't consider it an issue)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App