How much better is 3.0 over 2.5?

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I spent the weekend testing AOSP 2.3.2. If UD3 was truly built from AOSP it should fail.

Please open multiple web pages with larges amounts of text and graphics along with ActiveX content and then try to switch back to the home screen.

Just do terminal
su[enter]
echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop[enter]

When testing I don't do any tweaks. So that explains the issue I was seeing. Shame to see that 2.3.2 still requires that tweak to make what should be a standard feature work.

i usually do the local.prop but didnt' do it this time, just locked home in memory and it works fine. no redraws with LP...visited several websites with tons of images, had about 5 windows open and then hit the home button. no issue.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just do terminal
su[enter]
echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop[enter]

When testing I don't do any tweaks. So that explains the issue I was seeing. Shame to see that 2.3.2 still requires that tweak to make what should be a standard feature work.

i usually do the local.prop but didnt' do it this time, just locked home in memory and it works fine. no redraws with LP...visited several websites with tons of images, had about 5 windows open and then hit the home button. no issue.

Yeah I didn't have any redraws with adw ex until I removed the stock launcher. Don't know why that would be though; I didn't have the keep home in memory option checked in adw or UD settings. It just worked.

gambit07

Reaction score
crazy redraws using LP

Lock homepage in memory

That doesn't fix the issue.

Use compcache and increase VM heap. I have compcache at 18% and VM Heap at 32m, no redraws for me, smoother too. This gives you more effective memory, it might be slightly slower but I haven't noticed that being the case. The extra ram is really needed for the D1 though, work's a lot better. VM Heap increases the amount of ram an app can take up

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oops, OP I think it's worth the upgrade. Still a work in progress but nothing major.

Nukewire

Reaction score
I was running Petes GB Rom and then I flashed UD 3.0..( yes I wiped and installed from recov etc etc..)

UD 3.0 seemed very unstable to me and very sluggish, and the apps did not restore from the market properly. Even after I flashed a few diff kernels it still disappointed me.. :frown:
I like the way that Pete's rom ran wayy better.

tee00max

Reaction score
I'm still running 2.5. I loaded 3.0 up and it was a little buggy for me. And two things that were happening to me was my market kept closing out and my google maps just kept shutting down. I bet it was prob due to my Titanium Backup but I may try again later this evening but 2.5 is running just too solid.....

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I recommend doing a triple wipe then a fresh install for UD 3.0 followed by downloading all your needed apps straight from market. So far I haven't had any issues at all like the ones reported in this thread since I did the method I just mentioned.

ZBoater

Reaction score
I'd recommend avoiding restoring from backup as well. A clean install is working flawlessly for me. Market didn't restore all my apps, some got hung up, but canceling and redownloading them fixed it.

LP is also working good for me locked in memory. I find everything a lot faster, and I'm running stock kernel.

LiquorBox

Reaction score
I'd recommend avoiding restoring from backup as well. A clean install is working flawlessly for me. Market didn't restore all my apps, some got hung up, but canceling and redownloading them fixed it.

LP is also working good for me locked in memory. I find everything a lot faster, and I'm running stock kernel.

I did a clean install too and having no issues. Running great.

Reaction score
the laggiest rom i have ever put on my droid. you can't changed the animation speed so scrolling on a screen is like watching stop motion. honestly UD usually goes over the top, this rom is by far the worse rom they have ever produced. Now don't flame me, but criticism is needed to further production

AFX

Reaction score
I'm getting constant redraws with LauncherPro, even after applying both fixes.

shmoo

Reaction score
I ran both of the RC's that were released and had to go back to 2.5. Loaded up 3.0 and it has been pretty rock solid for me.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
Ya I will say it didn't run very well on my phone. Ran it for about a day, restored my project elite and I usually love ud roms but this one seemed sluggish...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App