How many of you, after moving forward keep looking back?

chefb

Reaction score
I often wonder now that I rooted (finally),romed(rubix 1.8.6) themed (blackjuice blue) and overclocked 1.2 low voltage. I find myself thinking what about updates.......now I know that if you flash a rom with no blur it wipes it all out, and I tried before to save some with titanium, but it didn't work because it wasn't pro! So now I'm totally with out any resemblance of stock blur. Here are the questions:
1) Has anyone gotten a OTA after rooting, and how?
2) Will sbf'inq fix me for a successful ota.
3) And what if gingerbread comes out? or the script ?will there be a rom that runs it before the ota? Did that happen with 2.2?
Thanks in advance.

cygnusloop

Reaction score
If you SBF back to 2.3.15, you will be able to receive the 2.3.320 -or whatever it turns out to be- update OTA. Alternately, you can wait for the dev of your favorite ROM to create an update with the newest code. As you probably know, there is an update of rubiX that contains the leaked update. However, I would be cautious about flashing an update that contains the new bootloader until the corresponding SBF file is available.

Although you may lose root when you accept an OTA update, just having root access shouldn't prevent you from receiving it.

the5barrons

Reaction score
The way I see it. You can sbf back to 2.2 stock...then update to whatever is next on the plate. If you are upgrading to the next level, 2.3, that would be how it works. From there, it'll be up to dev's to crack it all apart again.

Swyped while being lazy in the DXForumApp