How Many Contacts Do You Have?

Potty Time

Reaction score
only 2 my mom and my grandma. i don't have any friends but i don't need em. friends eventually become enemies but family stays family

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
only 2 my mom and my grandma. i don't have any friends but i don't need em. friends eventually become enemies but family stays family

I guess you don't use the "groups" feature then huh? LOL

I've got a bit over 200, work and personal. Like the person above me though, I really only use 5-10 of them. I don't use my phone for work (very often), but I like to know that I have my business contacts even if I don't have access to my work computer.

lockman

Reaction score
Funny I was thinking about this last night while cleaning up my contacts. I removed or merged about 30, leaving phone with just over 100. Have close to 500 in my work phone I need to copy over one of these days.

DHood

Reaction score

With this I kind of wonder why you have a phone at all, let alone a smart one, let alone the droid.

I have like 40, then add in the facebook ones that don't have a # listed and it's around 100.

KevinJ

Reaction score
With this I kind of wonder why you have a phone at all, let alone a smart one, let alone the droid.

Different people have different needs/wants.

As I have said before on this forum, I was perfectly happy with my Razr. But my parent's got me this phone as a gift for Christmas. I mulled over the idea of returning it, because they didn't need to get me something this expensive. But then my mother passed away days before Christmas, and I kept it because it was the last thing I will ever get from her.

And yeah... I don't use this phone nowhere near its potential. I have 14 contacts. I rarely text people, rarely even use the phone. I think in another thread I said I use it perhaps 1/2 hour a day. It's basically for emergencies, or to make long-distance calls to my 3 friends out of state. I just checked, and I've downloaded a grand total of 4 apps since I got the phone in mid-December.

So it all boils down to individual desires.

KevinJ

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with Facebook or "I have more contacts than you". These are people that are friends, family, employees and people I may need to talk to at some point in the future. I work in a small town, so I would rather have someone's contact info and not need it than not have it and need it.

I was not singling anyone out here, nor did I attack anyone. I simple made an analogy, which may or may not be valid to individual persons. You've got a ton of contacts, that's fine by me. I personally don't need them.

Some people on this thread said they had hundreds - and some thousands - of contacts. Hey, if you do, got for you. All I was saying is it reminds me of Facebook and people who have hundreds of "friends." A friend of mine on FB has over 600 friends, and she knows each and every one. She's popular. She talks to them all, and they all talk to her.

(In fact I just asked her a few minutes ago how many contacts she has in her phone, and she's got near 500.)

It all boils down to individual needs. 99% of the people need all their contacts. 1% just have some of their contacts "just because." I only need 14.

cuskit

Reaction score

Different people have different needs/wants.

As I have said before on this forum, I was perfectly happy with my Razr. But my parent's got me this phone as a gift for Christmas. I mulled over the idea of returning it, because they didn't need to get me something this expensive. But then my mother passed away days before Christmas, and I kept it because it was the last thing I will ever get from her.

And yeah... I don't use this phone nowhere near its potential. I have 14 contacts. I rarely text people, rarely even use the phone. I think in another thread I said I use it perhaps 1/2 hour a day. It's basically for emergencies, or to make long-distance calls to my 3 friends out of state. I just checked, and I've downloaded a grand total of 4 apps since I got the phone in mid-December.

So it all boils down to individual desires.
Well stated! Sorry to hear about your Mom - my condolences for your loss. I'm very impressed that you kept the phone for that reason - it's really nice that you shared that personal and tender decision with us. I'm sure as such it's become a very cherished symbol for you. God bless - you can bet she's up there now not only watching over you - but also listening to your voice every time you use the phone!

Myself - I've purged my list of contacts down to about 600 now. About 100 are family, friends and casual acquaintances - the rest are all business contacts - supply houses, salesman, vendors, etc. as well as clients. Those that I purged out are still residing on my desktop computer for historical reference only. :) mike