Phone contacts disappeared

gelfn

Reaction score
Okay...I have been using backup assistant for many years. I recently (Tuesday) purchased a Droid 3 and backup assistant loaded my contacts onto my phone without issue. Today I was adding pix to phone contacts and realized that one of my contacts I was looking for was missing. After searching the new phone and the old, the only missing contacts were those entered after about mid-April. I was able to go through my old phone and get the contact information and re-enter it. I am just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if so, what can I do to keep it from happening again?

mamawm

Reaction score
when you enter a new contact you have the choice to have it as a phone contact or a google contact. on android phones it's always smart to enter it as a google contact and it will always be stored on the google servers giving you access to the info on your phone and on your computer in gmail. your phone will automatically sync with google and you won't lose any contact info.

naknak95

Reaction score
Along with the post above me, I recommend using the setting to backup contacts on the SD Card. Or try to see if the contacts are linked with your g-mail account.