1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

How long will it take before something better is out?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by aramos87, Aug 19, 2011.

1. aramos87

aramos87 New Member

I've been waiting for the Bionic since I first learned about it back in January.. I even got a D3 to hold me over since the date kept getting pushed back... but now as the day finally approaches, will it even be worth the price ($299.99 w/ contract). Or will something be out that's better in a few months??

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  2. Arkbird

Arkbird DF News Team Premium Member

Something better always comes out a couple months later. That's just how it is in the tech world.
  3. aramos87

aramos87 New Member

Yeah this is true, but idk if the price will be worth it, especially if something better will be out shortly after.. maybe I'll wait for the DROID HD

4. cjsmoove

cjsmoove Member

If you plan on sticking with 4GLTE be prepared to spend $299...at least. As the phones get better and more powerful, like we the consumer craves, so will the price...
  5. Arkbird

The nexus prime will be out soon after that. You're going to be saying the same thing about the Droid HD when it comes out and then a month after the Nexus Prime will hit. Personally, I think people should stop waiting for something better and get the device they think they can hold onto for a while.
  6. aramos87

aramos87 New Member

That's a very good point... I honestly love the DROID 3, but it does lack LTE not that its a necessity just yet.. so maybe I'll actually wait for my upgrade time ( next summer ) before buying another phone full retail haha

7. Arkbird

Well you could always pick up the Stratosphere when it comes out if you want an LTE phone with a keyboard.
  8. EFGantry

EFGantry New Member

No matter what, a better phone is always on the horizon. But in this case, I think it's even more true. The Nexus Prime will most likely be released in Nov (if not Oct), followed closely by the Droid HD before the end of the year. Because of these 2 phones, I'm definitely going to pass on the Bionic. I may still end up with the Bionic, but I won't buy it until I see those other phones.
  9. Liderc

Liderc New Member

I think I'm actually glad the Bionic got delayed, it allows me to wait just one month after it's come out to see some stellar new phones and compare them.

If I really like the Bionic when I hold it, I'll probably end up getting it just because I'm bored with my OG.
  10. JohnnyS101

JohnnyS101 New Member

I believe they better beef up the specs, I hatehow verizon gets the low end phones and prices them higher, the photon is the bionic for sprint but is already been released and doesn't cost 300

11. Arkbird

The Photon is the Etna Bionic of Sprint and it doesn't have LTE. Arguably, the processor is better on the Bionic too.
  12. tcayton49

tcayton49 New Member

I can't tell you how happy i'll be when this ignorant argument finally dies
  13. JohnnyS101

JohnnyS101 New Member

That's the only upper hand the bionic has is the lte, but is that worth 100 more dollars and a later release date? They should beef up the specs, quad core, 1.5 gb ram, qHD+

14. Arkbird

Have you seen any quad cores released lately? And what's a "qHD+?" These specs aren't on the Bionic because they aren't ready. It's not like the Photon was released 4 months ago. It came out less than a month ago and it doesn't have any of the specs you want, it doesn't have LTE and it doesn't even do 1080 video.
  15. JohnnyS101

JohnnyS101 New Member

Haha qHD+ is my version of the next resolution name. But I'm all for verizon, just pisses me off how they have phones over 200 and get their phones delayed over and over, they don't even have a 4g dual core yet. I'm just stating those extra features to get verizon back on the map as not only a dominate customer service and network carrier but also phone. I do love lte though, its really really fast

16. tcayton49

tcayton49 New Member

Clearly you have no idea what the Bionic is supposed to come with and what is currently possible technologically. Maybe you should do some actual research before making statements that are patently false. If you dont want to do that and you feel like the only advantage the bionic has is LTE, and you dont feel it is worth it, then don't buy it. But please don't come on the forum and make untrue statements that you obviously have no idea about.
  17. Arkbird

Give them a couple more months. Verizon is about to get a slew of new beastly phones within the next couple of months: Bionic, Vigor, Revolution 2, GS2, Nexus Prime, Droid HD.
  18. aramos87

aramos87 New Member

I am currently happy with my DROID 3 and can wait til the end of this year to see what phones are out and/or on the horizon... it will be an exciting fall lineup for sure...

19. alucard9114

alucard9114 New Member

the only thing that could be better than the bionic is a phone with a bigger screen and more ram!Why do i say this ?Well for one when it gets rooted you can overclock it and it will be one of the first devices with icecream sandwich (because of the google-moto merger moto phones will get updated first) So unless you want a bigger screen i would just get the bionic the screen is the only thing that is giving me second thoughts.:icon_eek:
  20. b-jammin21

b-jammin21 New Member

Bigger screen???!!! Really? We might as well start calling them pocket tablets...