How long until ASOP on s6?

moot

Reaction score
I'm new to both t mobile and samsung phones and was wondering how long it usually takes to get stock android on the phone. I'm hoping not too long, since the phone is already rooted. i.e. how long has it usually taken in the past?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well first you will need to wait for enough devs to get it, then you will need for an unlocked bootloader and/or custom recovery. So it may take awhile.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Short answer would be... Never. If the bootloader can't be unlocked then you're stuck with whatever Samsung gives you, and Samsung hasn't been very kind to bootloaders lately.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Actually, the locked bootloader issue is an AT&T & Verizon thing, the OP is on T-Mobile, so its highly likely that it'll happen sooner, rather than later just as it did with the S5.

S5 tap'n

OP
moot

moot

Reaction score
Short answer would be... Never. If the bootloader can't be unlocked then you're stuck with whatever Samsung gives you, and Samsung hasn't been very kind to bootloaders lately.

Actually, the locked bootloader issue is an AT&T & Verizon thing, the OP is on T-Mobile, so its highly likely that it'll happen sooner, rather than later just as it did with the S5.

S5 tap'n

GAHHH, you guys scared me a lot on the boot loader being potentially unable to be unlocked. Glad to hear t mobile is the exception. I recently moved to t-mobile from verizon and I'm really loving the move so far. Getting the s6 a week early was a huge plus. ;) I get really crappy reception in my apt, but t-mobile remedied that with a lte extender and wifi calling.

Anyways, I know everyone says touchwiz is junk, but i didn't realize how bad it actually was. Today a pop up came up while i was in the gym trying to tell me that I had my music too loud. I was furious.

Thanks for all the responses you 3. :)

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
while i was in the gym trying to tell me that I had my music too loud. :)
This pop-up was a result of (or included in) the 4.4.4 update. It is rather irritating, but once you click "ok" it won't show up again until you reboot your phone. Once rooted there's a hack that will remove that pop-up so that's something to look forward to.

S5 tap'n