how is droid x's screen??

tktouch12

Reaction score
i know it is huge and high resolution. that is the only reason i'm entertaining the idea of getting an x instead of an incredible. i promised myself my next phone would have sense, but blur has some cool features and the x's screen is so big its hard to pass up for the tiny screen of the incredible.

so, all other issues aside, does the x have a 'good' screen. i know its amazing, but good accuracy and such. MOTO touchscreen comparison recruits robotic implements for heightened precision (video) -- Engadget
THIS is what i'm wondering about. the droid 1 was AWFUL, but is the x better? or is it more of motorola's bad screen software (whatever its called)?

i'm leaning (against my VERY strong want for sense ui) to get the x because of the bigger screen, but if it has bad response its a little easier to pass up.

so i dont see a test of the x, but is it pretty good at that ^ stuff?

i'm looking for a test of the x similar to the one in my link, or someone who has had both (the droid 1 and droid x) and can tell me if they are similar (broken choppy lines or if the x has better straighter lines)

but i'd love to hear you general feeling on it too :) anything to help me decide. when you press small buttons does it seem like its the one you want?

thanks

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Screen responsiveness is great, at least I think so. I never like full touch screen phones because they were hard to text on and didn't respond well. I have had no problems at all with it.

Jenlj78

Reaction score
Screen responsiveness is great, at least I think so. I never like full touch screen phones because they were hard to text on and didn't respond well. I have had no problems at all with it.

I agree. Mine has been great!

OP
T

tktouch12

Reaction score
well yes, this technology of touch screen has great responsiveness. they are more expensive technology than say the lg ally or a phone with a touch screen that works from pressure. (but thanks for the reply)

but i'm looking for a test of the x similar to the one in my link, or someone who has had both (the droid 1 and droid x) and can tell me if they are similar (broken choppy lines or if the x has better straighter lines)

thanks

xMercury

Reaction score
You'll love the screen. It's extremely responsive, as above posters have said. Scrolling through menus, messages, etc, is so smooth. And it's very accurate too. I've had an iPod Touch for years and always thought that the Touch's screen was smooth, but the X feels so much nicer than my iPod Touch.

kmasum

Reaction score
I will never go back to anything smaller than 4.3 screen size. Moto blur sucks.... Htc sense definitely way better, but I will not give up my 4.3 for sense..lol

-against app piracy » droid X » tapatalk

DAVID2010

Reaction score
Screen response so-so

I had 2 Droid X'S. At times both would not respond for about 1-2 seconds. Thats not all the time but it was common. Unless the 2 I had are different from everyone else. It was not as responsive as I was used too. Sometimes I would swipe it repeatedly to get it to move. I never had that happen with my iPhone so maybe thats why I always noticed it. It was a minor issue (to me) but I still like the Droid X. I also like having a HDMI port to use for slide shows and videos I made of the family.
One of the reasons I needed another one was because of the "HOTSPOT" feature repeatedly shutting off. Long story short Motorola had me send it in.
Is it worth buying? Yes.

OP
T

tktouch12

Reaction score
You'll love the screen. It's extremely responsive, as above posters have said. Scrolling through menus, messages, etc, is so smooth. And it's very accurate too. I've had an iPod Touch for years and always thought that the Touch's screen was smooth, but the X feels so much nicer than my iPod Touch.
wow, that says a lot because apple products have the greatest touch screens on earth. it hard to pass it up then.

I will never go back to anything smaller than 4.3 screen size. Moto blur sucks.... Htc sense definitely way better, but I will not give up my 4.3 for sense..lol

-against app piracy » droid X » tapatalk
moto blur is better than stock android but sense is just soo great. i think i agree that a 4.3 in screen is worth not having sense, especially with gingerbread coming out which is supposed to make android look nicer

jmorton10

Reaction score
I thought I wanted sense too as I loved in in my olod TouchPro 2.

Now, I have LauncherPro Plus installed in my new X & it is awesome.

I have it set up with the sense type flip clock/weather etc & it works so well I wouldn't go back to sense at this point even if it was available.

~John

jmorton10

Reaction score
By the way, I also have an ipod touch & have loved it for a few years.

I haven't touched it since I got the X however & will be selling it soon.

~John

OP
T

tktouch12

Reaction score
I thought I wanted sense too as I loved in in my olod TouchPro 2.

Now, I have LauncherPro Plus installed in my new X & it is awesome.

I have it set up with the sense type flip clock/weather etc & it works so well I wouldn't go back to sense at this point even if it was available.

~John
i had an eris for a couple weeks, so i know i like sense. i especially like the stock sense apps and i think sense apps (browser) are faster. ya launcherpro plus is pretty good and i also have that clock. i also like sense because the apps are better and things like how the screen is more correct (that link..). i'm thinking i'll probably like blur enough, and itll be good with roms. so i'm leaning for the x. i just feel like my droids screen was worse than any other SMARTPHONE touch screen ive used. (not pressure touch screens)

By the way, I also have an ipod touch & have loved it for a few years.

I haven't touched it since I got the X however & will be selling it soon.

~John
ya i sold my itouch when i got my droid, but the screen still is better, i just didnt need it since i never used it. (ipod's music app also KILLS the droids, they need to upgrade majorly (and yes, i've tried btunes))

plumcrazy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
only thing i found to be a problem is in sunlight, its tough to see anything on the screen. other than that, its great.

jmorton10

Reaction score
only thing i found to be a problem is in sunlight, its tough to see anything on the screen. other than that, its great.

Yea, that's the one thing an iphone has over the x. The iphone screen is MUCH better in bright sun....

~John

OP
T

tktouch12

Reaction score
The sun problem isn't too big of a deal.

Now I have one last concern. 10 minutes ago I was positive the x was the best choice, I watched this video and I'm leaning very strongly to the incredible now. This video is absolutely ridiculous and very disturbing. [video=youtube;XslA3CKwuMM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XslA3CKwuMM&feature=youtube_gdata_player]YouTube - Browser Comparison - Droid X vs iPhone 4 vs Droid Incredible[/video]