Droid X vs Droid 2 display quality

xgnraddictx

Reaction score
yo,

so ill be upgrading to a new phone soon. I've been looking closely at the Droid X and Droid 2. All things considered, I'm leaning closer to the droid x due to its larger screen. The only thing holding me back is the display quality. The resolution is the same on both phones, thus giving the Droid 2 a sharper image. Does anyone have experience with both of these phones that can comment on the quality of the two screens?

Reaction score
Simple enough, which is more important? A physical keyboard or a larger screen?

As for the screen the droid2's is alittle crisper but on average you wont be able to tell the difference.

OP
X

xgnraddictx

Reaction score
id prefer a larger screen, but if the droid 2's screen is noticeably better, i'd rather go with the smaller.

specmac

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
id prefer a larger screen, but if the droid 2's screen is noticeably better, i'd rather go with the smaller.

They are the same resolution (480 x 854 pixels) and same technology, just different size screen. This means the pixel density is slighly greater on the Droid2, but the DroidX will have larger content at the same zoom level.

Bottom line, as some one else said, is there really is very little difference. I have 50 year old eyes, so larger is better for me. :)

showimage.php

image.php

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had the same fear as you. "Wait, so they are the same resolution, this means the X's screen is going to be stretched and you'll see pixels easier..." but that isn't true. The D1/D2 screens are so dense (lots of pixels per inch) that even when you stretch it out a little to the size of the X's screen, it is still nice and crisp. Go to a Verizon store and look at one, you will not be disappointed.

Honestly, sometimes on my D1, small text would be hard to read because it was so smashed together (this was rare, but happened) and on the DX it seems to be more legible.

I love my huge screen.

Jmart922

Reaction score
I read somewhere that the Droid x colors seem a bit washed out compared to the D2 because of the pixel density which would make sense, although not by much I assume

droidny

Reaction score
yo,

so ill be upgrading to a new phone soon. I've been looking closely at the Droid X and Droid 2. All things considered, I'm leaning closer to the droid x due to its larger screen. The only thing holding me back is the display quality. The resolution is the same on both phones, thus giving the Droid 2 a sharper image. Does anyone have experience with both of these phones that can comment on the quality of the two screens?
Yo,
I've had both phones, currently have the X. One difference I found that is worth mentioning is that the screen on the X works better in bright outdoor conditions than D2's screen.
Fo Shizzle

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I read somewhere that the Droid x colors seem a bit washed out compared to the D2 because of the pixel density which would make sense, although not by much I assume

I love the color on my DX, but in direct sunlight, it does get very washed out. But since I rarely ever use it in direct sun light, its no big deal to me. Indoor light, the DX colors are great.

wdprice3

Reaction score
I have a DX, played with the D2 and D1, and I by far prefer the DX. Unless you're a videophile, the DPI differences aren't going to affect you. I didn't play with all out in sunlight, but the DX does get a little washed out... but I'm not using this outside constantly, so it's no issue for me. It's true that the D2 is a little crisper... but the screen real estate of the DX is completely worth it, IMHO. So yeh the DX is freakin' huge... and I love it! I'm so happy I went with it instead of the D2. And I don't care for a physical keyboard... it's a touchscreen phone... so touch the screen!

In the end it does come down to screen size vs. physical keyboard and which you want more. Another issue to consider is size/weight... make sure you're comfortable with it.

droidphreak

Reaction score
Droid X screen is awesome. Ive looked at both of them side by side and imho the DX, due to its amazing screen size, makes the entire Android experiance so much better. Its easy to read. Great for videos. Awesome in every way. Unless you really get off on reading a full size website on a 3.7 inch screen then by all means go for the D2. I will stick with my 4.3 screen of goodness with all the bells and whistles that the DX has to offer.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Just get a fascinate... 4" AMOLED Screen, not as big as the X, crisp like the D2.

In all honesty, I went from a D1 (same screen as D2) to the X and I dont regret it one bit. The screen pixel density is noticeable between the 2, but its not enough for me to care. For the size of the screen its very nice. To each his own.