How do you set up a shortcut to a specific settings menu?

liguy257

Reaction score
Potentially stupid question but I remember seeing this on some people's screen shots of their home screens... How do I create shortcuts that go right to a specific settings menu, such as "Bluetooth Settings", this way I can just press that instead of Settings > Wireless & Network settings > Bluetooth settings... There are a couple of others I use a lot and I'd like it if I didn't have to drill down each time.

Is this something I can do without a separate app? or do I need something like better cut, etc?

thanks

dcook12

Reaction score
Potentially stupid question but I remember seeing this on some people's screen shots of their home screens... How do I create shortcuts that go right to a specific settings menu, such as "Bluetooth Settings", this way I can just press that instead of Settings > Wireless & Network settings > Bluetooth settings... There are a couple of others I use a lot and I'd like it if I didn't have to drill down each time.

Is this something I can do without a separate app? or do I need something like better cut, etc?

thanks

No question is stupid....my answer might be...for shortcuts, just long press on an empty spot on your home screen and options come up for adding shortcuts, widgets, folders etc. If you have an app you like, you can tap shortcuts and it will add it to your desktop. I hope this is what you were looking for..

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I use the Power Control widget. Here's some screen shots. Long press on an empty place on a home screen to start. Theres also an app on the market called Free Power Widget. It's customizable

Attachments

• snap20101124_181304.png
    snap20101124_181304.png
    51 KB · Views: 531
  • snap20101124_181441.png
    snap20101124_181441.png
    67 KB · Views: 474