How Do You Set Notifications?

NVash

Reaction score
I have a ton of MP3s that Id love to set up as Notifications. Problem is, I have no clue how. I go the sound in the Music menu and that only gives me the 'Set As Ringtone' option. How do I set as Notification?

Berzerker

Reaction score
You need to create a folder on your SDCard called "Media" (no quotes) Then 3 folders under that called "Ringtones", "Notifications", "Alarms". Each mp3 put in the respective folder will work with the kind of tone you want. For ex. if you want to put an mp3 as an SMS alert, put it in notifications.

OP
NVash

NVash

Reaction score
I tried it but for some reason that keeps freezing up the phone and computer Im synced to. No idea why.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
you don't have to create a "Media" folder. Just go to your SD card and make one folder "ringtones" (lowercase all letters) and "ringtones (same lowercase)
Then go into whatever app or contact you want to set a ringtone for and the mp3's will be in the list of tones :)

OP
NVash

NVash

Reaction score
Thanks, I got the first idea working. I think I overloaded it with too many files so it just froze up. Instead of taking my files and separating them into the different folders I just copy pasted all of them into three different folders. Ill separate them some other time.