How do you remove the Facebook photos from your contacts?

PaulQ

Reaction score
Somewhere during the setup process, I told my phone to use Facebook photos for the pictures in my contacts.

When I tried to insert some of my own photos for people that I knew, it wouldn't accept them if they already had a facebook photo.

Can you tell me how to disable the use of Facebook photos with contacts? I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks!

scubieman

Reaction score
You have to go into the facebook app. Go to setttings. And select do not sync any contacts.

detox

Reaction score
/
Somewhere during the setup process, I told my phone to use Facebook photos for the pictures in my contacts.

When I tried to insert some of my own photos for people that I knew, it wouldn't accept them if they already had a facebook photo.

Can you tell me how to disable the use of Facebook photos with contacts? I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks!

If what scubieman is telling you to do doesn't work, go to settings- accounts- remove fb acct. After it removes, go ahead and add it again being sure not to sync with you contacts.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
P

PaulQ

Reaction score
/
If what scubieman is telling you to do doesn't work, go to settings- accounts- remove fb acct. After it removes, go ahead and add it again being sure not to sync with you contacts.

Scubieman's approach didn't work because I couldn't find any setting for contacts.

Guess what? I tried your approach next and it just popped up a window saying it's going to use Facebook photos as the source for contact photos. Not a question, a statement.

However, so far, it has NOT repopulated the contacts with the photos. I guess I'll just have to wait. ???

detox

Reaction score
/

Scubieman's approach didn't work because I couldn't find any setting for contacts.

Guess what? I tried your approach next and it just popped up a window saying it's going to use Facebook photos as the source for contact photos. Not a question, a statement.

However, so far, it has NOT repopulated the contacts with the photos. I guess I'll just have to wait. ???

As for scubiemans settings, they are in account- click FB account- uncheck sync fb contacts

detox

Reaction score
I also have some pictures from fb for some of my contacts but there are editable on my end. As long as you had them saved to contacts prior, they should be editable if the pictures do pop up

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would stay away from using Blur for FB. You should download the official FB app.

OP
P

PaulQ

Reaction score
Just a follow up... for me, I had to uninstall the Facebook app completely, reboot, then reinstall the FB app. When I set it up, it did not ask me about contact photos but it didn't use them either.

So I guess it's resolved for me but I wish there was a setting. Like I said, I couldn't find anything related to using facebook for contact photos.

Side note... When it was using Facebook photos for contact photos, if I replaced the photo with my own, it would still use the Facebook photo if one existed.