How do you forward a picture message?

fjo302

Reaction score
I finally got my new phone and everything is working right. I can view picture messages but I do not see an option to forward a picture message. I've looked at every option. What am I missing??? dancedroid

Bonus question. Is there a way I can turn off the default screen lock?

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Once you take a picture, there is an option to "share", where you can send the pic via email, gmail, sms,facebook..etc
From there you can send a message as well.

oops!, I see that you have the D2..it might be different then the D1

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I finally got my new phone and everything is working right. I can view picture messages but I do not see an option to forward a picture message. I've looked at every option. What am I missing??? dancedroid

I think the OP is asking how to forward picture text messages, not how to forward a text picture on your phone. I honestly have never done this so I'm not sure how it works.

In regards to the bonus question, try downloading screebl from the Market. I'm pretty sure you don't want your screen unlocked all the time, just during the times you're using it. Screebl can help you with that.

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
I see, well I went through some of my old txt messages, and you just have to long press the pic in the txt message. It will prompt you to either forward, copy, call the # from where the txt came from too.

OP
F

fjo302

Reaction score
I see, well I went through some of my old txt messages, and you just have to long press the pic in the txt message. It will prompt you to either forward, copy, call the # from where the txt came from too.

THAT did it!! Thank You!!! :)

OP
F

fjo302

Reaction score
Thanks! Will Screebl override the default lock?

I think the OP is asking how to forward picture text messages, not how to forward a text picture on your phone. I honestly have never done this so I'm not sure how it works.

In regards to the bonus question, try downloading screebl from the Market. I'm pretty sure you don't want your screen unlocked all the time, just during the times you're using it. Screebl can help you with that.

OP
F

fjo302

Reaction score
tried screebl but still can't get the default lock to shut off. I don't want it to stay unlocked all the time. I would like it if the screen went out after 30 seconds but not have to unlock it every time. Maybe after being inactive for 20 min or something. Thanks

pool_shark

Reaction score
tried screebl but still can't get the default lock to shut off. I don't want it to stay unlocked all the time. I would like it if the screen went out after 30 seconds but not have to unlock it every time. Maybe after being inactive for 20 min or something. Thanks

Depending on what you mean by "unlock" you can do that by default.
You can set the screen lock to not force the unlock code until a matter of minutes after inactivity. You will still have to swipe the screen though before that time.
Is that what you're looking for?

OP
F

fjo302

Reaction score
Basically, I'd like to be able to not have to connect those 2 things together everytime I want to get the screen to come back on. Is there a way to just be able to press the on/off button and have the screen come back on withouth having to enter a code or swipe something?

You can set the screen lock to not force the unlock code until a matter of minutes after inactivity. You will still have to swipe the screen though before that time.

portermac

Reaction score
I use MyLock from the market. It works pretty good taking away the swype action. Id say 95% of the time. There is a free version, give it a try.

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
Basically, I'd like to be able to not have to connect those 2 things together everytime I want to get the screen to come back on. Is there a way to just be able to press the on/off button and have the screen come back on withouth having to enter a code or swipe something?

If your trying to avoid the default screen lock and go directly to your phone home screen instantly then you need No Lock, an app in the market. Disables the locking screen.

Hope that helps, if not I'm sorry as I'm a bit confused by the screebl thing.

OP
F

fjo302

Reaction score
Ok - I tried my lock and still the default lock is coming up every time the screen goes black. Maybe there is no way to turn it off?

OP
F

fjo302

Reaction score
Yay!! That did it! :)

If your trying to avoid the default screen lock and go directly to your phone home screen instantly then you need No Lock, an app in the market. Disables the locking screen.

Hope that helps, if not I'm sorry as I'm a bit confused by the screebl thing.

jentink

Reaction score

when i long press, (htc droid incred) i get a pop-up with the option to complete the action using 'view picture' or 'astro image viewer'

astro gives me some error, and the 'view picture' option has no further options to forward, etc (only 'set-as' or 'details')

??

jentink

Reaction score

sorry, spoke too soon. just figured it out. had a case of 'fat finger'. i just had to long press just above the pic in the message body.